XVII

That morning when Mila placed herself in Reggie's car, her anxiety was showing, this made Reggie look nervous at her, worried that the thing was about the dinner that had happened last night. Yet Mila had already forgotten the horrible dinner, as the night prior, Mila had looked in every corner of her room, yet she couldn't find her notebook everywhere. She was convinced this was the plan of her parents to make her focus on her studies.

Yet they acted like they didn't know a thing, which only made Mila more furious, she seemed to think, that if her parents hadn't taken it, she must have misplaced it at school, yet this had never happened before, therefore she beat herself up for it.

"What's wrong?" Reggie asked as he began driving the car towards Alex's house. Mila closed her eyes, her leg was shaking and her nails were digging into the skin of her hand.

"I misplaced my notebook... I can't find it anywhere" She answered, she didn't like the idea of someone going through her stuff, and that was when it hit her, yet she of course didn't say this out loud. First when the three of them walked into school and she almost ran up to locker 398 looking at the boy with a death glare.

"Hand it back" She took out her hand, Luke blinked a couple of times, wondering what she was talking about, as his conversation before her interruption had been about the dance that Bobby and Luke would make the Principal make.

"Pardon?" Luke asked, confused. Yet Mila's eyes were filled with an anger that could not be described.

"You took my notebook Luke... didn't you?" This made the rest of the boy's eyes widened as they looked at their lead singer, Luke chuckled.

"How did you know?" He asked as crossing his arms as he leaned against the locker, he looked the girl in her eyes, that was the day before in the basement filled with love, now filled with hate.

"Come on, after your whole: your songs will be your legacy thing, don't you think I would know?" Mila asked, Luke, nodded slowly, and opened his locker, handing her the notebook.

"You didn't read it... did you?" Mila asked, as she took the notebook slowly from him, her heartbeat calming down and her eyes no longer burning with anger, Luke chuckled and shook his head.

"I wouldn't dare" This made Mila calm down, yet Luke leaned down so she could smell the smell of peppermint and his hair gel.

"I liked chapter 12" With these words closed Luke the locker door and walked to class with a very confused Bobby who did of course like the show, while stood Mila frozen in the hallway, Reggie and Alex not knowing what to say or do, as they honestly didn't know what they just witnessed.

She cleared her throat, as her panic only became bigger from the thought of him having read it. "I'm going to kill him" Mila whispered, Reggie placed a hand on her shoulder. "If I don't do it first" Mila turned around looking at the boys as she bit her lip.

"We have history, Alex" Mila walked past the boys and walked into class.

Mila placed herself in her seat, her anxiety was taking over her mind, the pure fact of someone having read her stories, she had never shown anyone her writing, not even Aera. Alex placed himself beside her slowly, worried she might explode like a bomb.

What just happened?

Mila sighed as she looked at the teacher, who was in the middle of reading a paragraph from the book out loud, to even notice Mila was in the classroom.

What just happened?

Luke lost all my trust