XXV

As the morning sun shined into the black bedroom, Mila was already awake in her bed. Her mind kept wandering, wondering if what she felt was a one-time thing or she had thought wrong.

You see the night prior, as her hands had gotten sweaty and her knees gone weak, she thought Luke, her good friend, was going to kiss her.

Yet of course, she knew, this was a silly thought. Luke and her were just friends, and friends don't kiss. Mila's head kept spinning round and round, she looked at Elijah.

"I have gone crazy Elijah, I knew it" She whispered to him as she nodded, agreeing with herself. "He would never kiss me" She looked at Elijah, if Elijah was a real person and not a drawing on her wall, she was sure he would have said.

"Love will come and you have to open the door to it" Yet of course... Elijah didn't say anything... as he was just a drawing on a wall. She took a deep breath and took a piece of paper, here she wrote down a couple of words, before hanging it on her wall of notes.

She looked at the note and nodded, she shook off the idea of Luke as she got ready for school. She made herself believe she wasn't thinking about peppermints.

When Reggie picked her up that Wednesday morning, he didn't seem to notice Mila's internal breakdown over the idea of a kiss from Luke. Who can blame her, she was sitting in a car with the guy who made both of them jump away, almost scared to get caught in feelings they both were confused about having.

"Soooo you and Luke?" Alex said as he just had jumped into the car, hearing his name made Mila freeze up, of course, she didn't know why. "What about us?" Mila asked, wondering if Alex could read minds.

"You two seemed ... close yesterday" Alex wiggled his eyebrows, as Mila turned around looking at him confused. "What do you mean?" She asked which made Reggie laugh before sipping his coffee.

"Come on, as if you two aren't getting it on alone in that basement" Mila widened her eyes, her face turning redder than a tomato. "We are not! And if that is what you think, maybe I should get off and walk to school"

The boys looked at each other and nodded. "Okay okay... sorry but seriously, is nothing going on between you two?" Mila wondered for a second if she should tell them, tell them that they sang together and in a moment of silence, she thought Luke was about to kiss her... or maybe she was about to kiss him?

"No... we're just friends," Mila said, Reggie and Alex, half-believed her as they started a conversation about movies they were going to watch on Halloween.

Yet even though they almost believed her, as she spoke the words, she noticed something aching inside of her, something she of course at the time was confused about.

Yet she made herself believe her thoughts were not on how Luke's eyes shined when he spoke about something he loved, which of course was mostly music.

This she continued with, even when she went into Mr. Abello's class. Mila placed herself in the front, is one of the last students coming to class. She took a deep breath as she took out her notebook, believing that paying attention, at least would let her think of something else.

Mr. Abello came into the classroom with the brightest smile, only to be disappointed by a classroom looking more dead than a zombie movie, yet that did not stop him, he cleared his throat as he wrote on the board.

"Is God good?" Mr. Abello asked as he wrote it on the board, he turned around looking at the class, yet no one answered him, he nodded to himself as he clapped his hands together, placing himself on his desk as he looked at his class.

"Well let's assume for the moment, no matter your own beliefs, that God is all-powerful, this of course means he can do anything that is logically possible" Mr. Abello continued as Mila wrote down notes in her notebook.