III

"I mean it, she was just writing in her notebook and then boom Miss Bone didn't even give her a chance to speak up" Reggie said as he talked about what happened to his classmate that day. "Is it that quiet weirdo girl that always gets in trouble?" Bobby asked as he tuned his guitar.

"She isn't weird.. she seems kind of cute" Reggie said, as he sat down beside Luke who was trying his best to write a song. They were sitting in their studio, which was more like an unused garage they paid to use. Alex leaned back in the chair as he looked at Reggie with a small smirk.

"I think little Reggie has a crush on the quiet girl" Alex teased, making Reggie clench his jaw. "No, It's just weird that she always carries that notebook around, it's like Luke with his songs" Luke finally looked up as he heard his name, his plectrum in his mouth as he sat with his six-string and his notebook. "hm?" He blinked confused looking at Reggie, who tried not to roll his eyes.

"I mean... Alex, you have had History with her for... what the last 2 years? and you and her have never had a conversation, I have had English with her for 3 years and our first conversation today was by a piece of paper" Reggie explained, crossing his arms as he tried to make a point. Bobby's mouth turned into a small smirk

"Uhhh... are you sending love letters to the weirdo?" Luke finally picked up what the conversation was about and chuckled gently. "Do you have a crush on some girl Reg?" Luke asked with a small smile, even though you could see Luke was happy for his friend, Reggie was annoyed that every time he mentioned a girl, all their reactions was that he had a crush.

"I do very much not! I just.. I think it's weird we never have talked to her" Reggie tried to explain, as he remembered how the curly-haired girl looked at him when he asked to read her novels. "Maybe she just likes being antisocial," Bobby said and shrugged as he played a small riff on his guitar. Alex sighed.

"If you really want us to talk to the quiet girl then... I guess I can try and sit beside her in history tomorrow?" Alex flashed a small smile to Reggie, who still didn't seem impressed. "It's not like we need to be her friend, it's just... she seems lonely" Reggie sighed and closed his eyes as he leaned back on the couch.

The next morning, Mila placed her bicycle at her usual place, trying to fix her hair as she took off her helmet. When she came to locker 272, she noticed her best friend standing there waiting for her. "So did you get detention?" Aera asked, looking almost mad at her friend, who gently pushed her so she could get into her locker, placing her books inside.

"No, but I do have to clean the basement for the next two months, Mila said, which made Aera widened her eyes. "I'm sorry you have to, what?" She couldn't believe that the principal had given that punishment to her.

"What did your parents say?" Aera asked leaning against the locker as she held her science book against her stomach. "They blamed each other of course" Mila sighed and shook her head. "It's like they blame me for them having a toxic relationship" Mila bit her lip and shrugged.

"But I do have good news," Mila smirked, closing the locker door and looking directly into Aera's eyes. Aera furrowed her eyebrows, being confused about how any of this could turn into something good.

"My mom said that if I just get my grades up, then she will pay for Hamilton" Aeras eyes widened. "She what?" Mila nodded as they both smiled like crazy idiots.

"That's amazing! Omg what grade do you need?" Aera asked, which was where Mila sighed and leaned her back against the locker. "B or higher... in every class" Aera almost dropped her book like she dropped her jaw.

"You... what? Mila you can't even get higher than a C minus in English.. how are you going to get a B?" You could hear the worried voice in Aera as she did truly care for her friend and her dreams. "I guess I have to just study hard this year" Mila shrugged trying to smile the best she could.