XXXVII

There are many stories this book hides, and it will forever be a mystery how Liam, Daliah and Aera convinced Reggie, Bobby, and Alex to do something absolutely crazy. However, there is one of the stories that I can tell you.

It was the night of Thursday, October 20th, 1995, no one had heard from Luke after the expelling of Mila, including Mila herself, who had spent her days eating ice cream out of the family William's freezer after having been kicked out of her home by her father.

The roads were beginning to be colder, which of course in California still meant Caroline Black was wearing her dainty dress and high heels, with the roof of her car open.

The car was parked outside the Patterson's house, which Caroline hadn't been to since freshman year of high school. She would admit she was rather not fond of the fact of being back, but she knew she had to do it for Aera.

She left her car and walked up the small path, the brown door seemed smaller, which was only natural by her bigger size and high heels, she gulped as she rang the bell, her heart beating with what felt like highway traffic.

The door opened to Emily's kind smile, Emily was quiet before her smile grew bigger: "Caroline Black, is that really you? " Caroline smiled back at Mrs. Patterson as she nodded. "It's good to see you Emily, sadly I am here to ask to see your son..." Caroline said with her respectful voice.

Emily nodded slowly as she opened the door more, letting Caroline in, she took off her shoes placing them in the hallway as she walked to the bedroom. Going through the house made her remember everything that happened, which didn't help as she came to the door she knew all too well.

She fixed her hair before knocking, hearing Luke's grumpy answer of: "Mom I told you I didn't want to taste those brownies" Caroline couldn't help but smile as she opened the door, seeing Luke laying in his bed like he hadn't left it for days, which was exactly what had happened.

"Hey! Your mom's brownies are delicious!" Caroline said, the pure sound of her voice, made Luke have chills down his spine as he looked up from the bed, his hair was a mess and his eyebags was darker than ever, Caroline took a deep breath before sighing, taussig her arms up.

"Look at you, I haven't seen you in such a mess since your guitar broke," She said as she walked to the window opening it, letting fresh air finally enter the room.

"What do you want Black?" Luke said as he looked at her confused to what in the world she was doing back in the house she swore she would never enter again.

"I'm here to talk to you..." She said as she placed herself on his bed, taking a deep breath as she looked into his eyes, those eyes that once had made her actually think she was straight.

"Well you're here," He said, you might be confused as to why Luke suddenly was cold towards Caroline, which is nothing but understandable.

"Luke Patterson, you have to pull yourself together" She almost schooled him making him look out the window not facing her. He had already heard how the school had found out that all his friends had gotten into trouble because of him. How Mila now couldn't follow her dreams, just because he was selfish and wanted to follow his.

"I already know... that it's my fault Caroline," He said as he finally faced her, Caroline sighed as she looked down her hair gently falling from her shoulders.

Everyone knew Caroline Black was the most beautiful girl in school, even Luke knew that. Yes, indeed he had known for as long as he could remember, however after an incident at a freshman party, where Caroline met a beautiful girl being Daliah, the two of them had not been talking alone since then.