VII

That Sunday morning when Mila woke up, a strange feeling fell upon her. Memories from the night before flashed in front of her eyes. She sighed and almost cursed at herself, as she put her pillow over her head, wanting to scream with every inch of her body.

How could she be so stupid, no one had ever known about her crush and now someone she barely knows guessed it! Not to mention her having yelled at Oliver which she would hear from Aera, that she was sure of. She felt herself falling down one big black deep end and now had to try and find herself out. Mila then remembered that it was indeed Sunday, she sighed and closed her eyes.

"May today be better... huh Elijah?" She looked over at her drawing, before putting on some clothes and making her dad drive her to school. As she walked over to the other end of the school, where the basement door was placed. The principal was standing there alone, his hands in his pocket yet with a bright smile on his lip.

"Miss Garcia, right on time" He smiled at her, yet Mila didn't have anything to tell him. She still didn't believe she had done anything wrong, which of course the teachers could debate rather or not that's true.

"Here is the key" The principal gave her a small silver key. "The other student should be by now?" Those words made Mila widen her eyes and feel a small panic.

"Other student? I thought I would be spending my Sundays alone here?" Mila almost panicked. While the principal ignored her small panic attack, by shaking his head. "No Miss Garcia, you will not be alone" Mila closed her eyes, great absolutely great she thought to herself in sarcasm.

"It seems like the student is late, why don't you go down in the basement and begin, I'll be up here and wait for him to arrive" Mila put the key in and opened the big green dusty doors to the basement, all she could see was darkness, dust, and the few first steps on the stairs.

She looked at the principal who gave her a brave smile, that didn't help her much, she faked one back and walked down the stairs of the basement, she was careful with every step she took, and when she felt the last step, she moved her hand around on the wall, finding the switch and turning light on.

Her eyes widened and the basement was bigger than a ballroom, filled from top to bottom with unnecessary things that hadn't seen the light of day for at least 70 years. The old dust already began taking over her lungs as she moved deeper into the basement. "God... this is gross,"

Mila looked at the many shelves, filled with old papers, technology, and decorations. She took a deep breath, which was a bad idea, as she immediately coughed after during so, having inhaled too much dust. She looked around seeing some small windows, she placed herself on top of a table and began opening them, trying to get some sort of air down in the basement.

Yet as she was in the basement, a guitar carrying boy came walking towards the principal, who did in no way or form look happy to see him arriving late. "You're late" The principal looked at Luke, who adjusted his beanie as he walked closer to the principal.

"Sorry sir, I got-" Luke was about to excuse himself, yet the principal interrupted him. "Your new detention friend is already in the basement working" These words both made Luke smile yet also get worried.

"Who's my detention friend?" Luke asked, you could hear the small fear in his voice, he in no way or form wanted it to be Liam or Oliver... or worse Daliah, so when the principal answered him: "Miss Garcia" Luke smiled brightly. They nodded to each other before Luke headed down in the basement, the smell of old wood and dust made Luke somehow smile.

It reminded him of the garage his friends and him playing music in. He looked around and saw his new detention friend standing on the other end of the big basement on her tiptoes on a table, trying to open a window even he could see, she wouldn't be able to.