XLII

"You're going out with Oliver?" Aera asked in shock as the drive to school that Wednesday morning seemed way longer than it normally was. "We're not going out, we're visiting our fathers"

"Oh, yea the father you still haven't talked to?" Caroline asked as she raised her eyebrow looking back at Mila. Who did not seem impressed by her friend's words "You were the one who told me to befriend him weren't you?"

Aera sighed and nodded. "Well then let me be his friend, he needs others than those boys on the soccer team" The car stopped and Mila quickly left the awkward conversation. The day went on rather fast and even though all she wanted was to have a conversation with Luke about what happened the night of Halloween, she knew it would be bad to bring it up.

What if it meant their friendship was ruined?

What if he wanted more?

Was she even ready for that?

Well of course she was, she knew deep down she was totally crazy about this boy, but she had to keep it together, he was a friend, nothing more and would never be anything more, they kissed and that's it, a kiss.

"Hey, Millianna" And that was when Mila's heart stopped beating and her hands got sweaty and everything seemed to be fainting away. "L-Luke" She stuttered as she laughed awkwardly. "Are you okay? You're all pale?" He asked, looking worried at his friends, who quickly nodded.

"Yea... I'm fine, all fine you know" Mila laughed shyly as she held her notebook close to her chest, hiding her cross and s necklaces.

He smiled leaning against locker 272: "So listen I was thinking Uhm, maybe on Saturday, when you know, me and the boys have a rehearsal, you could maybe come and sing Bright with us " He asked with a 'bright' smile, yet her facial expression made him think his brilliant idea, wasn't that good an idea in the end run.

"I'm sorry Luke... I promised Aera to go dress shopping with her, you know for the winter ball that you and Bobby made the principal do"

Somehow doing everything, Bobby had convinced the principal to use the old winter decorations Luke and Mila had found in the basement to do a winter prom, even though he was not fond of the idea, to think this could save the school a lot of money for decorations, he said yes to it.

"Well do you have a da-" Luke was interrupted by Bobby putting his hands over Mila's eyes covering them. "Guess who" He whispered in a creepy voice, which made Luke shake his head with a small smile.

"Let me see" Mila acted, smelled: "Cheap perfume and wood-" Bobby took down his hands making a fake frown. "You no fun..." He chuckled looking from Mila to Luke.

"Hey Luckiboo, I just signed all of us up to do something very very fun" Luke rolled his eyes and lifted an eyebrow. "Which is?" He asked, making Mila curious.

"We're decorating for the 9th, meaning we're gonna spend all Thursday on decorating because I forgot we had a gig on the 8th " Bobby chuckled and shrugged. Luke took a deep breath before sighing. "This is our last gig before the biggest one of our life and you forgot it?" Luke asked, looking mad at his best friend.

Bobby hid behind Mila who didn't seem impressed either. "Hey at least he didn't forget the Orpheum, you must give him that Lukieboo" Mila winked, making Luke all red, as she ruffled his hair before heading to class. "See you Luckiboo"

"Hey, only I can call him that!" Bobby yelled after her, but Luke turned his head looking at Bobby shaking it. "No..... No, you can't either"

And with that, all of them walked to class. The last class ended and when Mila walked out to the parking lot she smiled seeing Oliver Young leaning up against his black car. Longer down the parking lot, she noticed Reggie's blue Audi 5000S, causing her to smile.