XLVI

Even though the accident that had happened to Mr. Garcia did put him in the hospital, he was home sunday morning, to find his daughter having moved back into the house, as Mrs. Garcia and Mila had decided it would be for the best. This caused Mr. Garcia coming home to a house filled with christmas decorations, cookies and his two most loved women in his living room.

"Mija" He opened his arms, which made Mila to run into them hugging him tightly. Having gotten a call Saturday morning about his father having been run over by a car, made Mila decide it would be best to be home with him. She realized she never knew when the last time she would see a person would be and that she had to spend the time she had with the people she loved.

Therefore when the clock struck eleven am, she was standing outside the basement, waiting for the brown haired boy with the key. When it was little past eleven, she heard footsteps that fastly stopped in its tracks.

There they stood, looking at each other from a distance. She looked stunning with her hair beautifully framing her face and her clothes showing the small curves she had, however, you could see she had been crying.

Luke had his guitar on his back, his arms were exposed by his tank top and no sleeve hoodie and he saturday night had gotten his mom to cut his hair just a tiny bit shorter, which she noticed, causing her to smile.

"I see you came" Luke finally spoke as he walked to her, opening the door trying his best not to look at her, she nodded slowly.

"Last day, I thought I might as well help you with the rest, finish our job" He nodded slowly by her words, even though he could only think that she did this because then she could leave him and the boys forever, not having anything connected to them anymore.

They walked down the stairs of the basement seeing the cleaned new music room, which they had created. Mila walked over to the shelf filled with old decorations, taking one of the four boxes filled with winter decorations.

"You take the other one?" She asked looking over at him, he nodded as he placed his guitar down walking over. He took a deep breath as he walked past her, only causing him to smell coconuts even more which made him smile softly.

They walked into the gymnasium, the darkness made it look more scary than it actually was. "Bobby said we should put them behind the bleachers," Luke commented as he walked over turning on the lights, which lit up the dark gymnasium.

She nodded as she followed him, to think that in a week this whole room would be filled with dancing ball gowns and winter decorations was amazing to Mila.

Of course she knew Prom, which was happening in May, would be a lot bigger, but to think that the winter ball was planned by mostly Bobby and Luke, still amazed Mila.

They didn't say much as they walked back and forth with the decorations, and as the last one had landed under the bleachers, Luke walked down the stairs to the basement surprised to see Mila sitting with one of the school's guitars.

She played the melody to the song they wrote together, causing Luke to stop in his track as he looked at the girl. He wanted to yell, kiss and scream at her. Say how much she had hurt him, how much she confused him, but he knew she probably most have felt the same, after their argument that had happened.

"Why are you staring at me?" Mila asked, causing Luke to snap out of his thought as he cleared his throat. "You're playing Bright'' She nodded slowly. An awkward silence fell upon them, which was thankfully stopped.

"So Winter ball, got a date?" Mila asked as she looked at him, he took a deep breath, he had of course wanted to ask her ever since the dance was announced, he just never got the chance to actually ask her, therefore he slowly shook his head.