XLV

Love, it's crazy... silly, stupid and can hurt. In our lifetime our hearts will break from many things. Friendship, loved ones and ourselves. Yes, we can break our own hearts. There was a quietness over Patterson's home.

No melody was made for the first time that saturday morning, not even a single strum. He laid in his bed, hiding himself under his duvet as he felt like something had left, something that he could not get back.

A quiet knock was heard on the bedroom door, with no answer to answer it, causing Mr. Patterson opening it himself, he sighed looking at his seventeen year old son.

"Your mother told me you had girl problems" Luke bit his lip as he stared into his wall, his eyes being red and puffy. Luke normally didn't cry, but the idea of having Mila hate him, caused him to bowl his eyes out.

"Is it the detention girl?" Mitch asked as he placed himself on his son's bed, which caused him to sit up a little, he nodded as he sniffled and wiped away the tears with his long sleeved hoodie, which he still hadn't returned to Alex, from their break up.

"Well, you must like her a lot to not even play music on your day off" His dad said as he looked at the untouched guitar hanging on the wall.

"I like her a lot dad" Luke's voice was almost a whisper, as it was dry from having cried. "She is just... I wanna hold her and tell her how much I care for her, but I feel like everytime I try, I screw it up. I'm just confused at this point, about her and me..." Mitch laughed gently nodding.

"You have never been good with emotions my son, but... I will give you that you are good with music, maybe try and write down how you feel and tell her like that" Mitch suggested, which Luke of course already knew would be the right choice.

"She doesn't wanna look at me or even listen to me" Luke answered as he hugged his knees, Mitch nodded as he thought for a bit. "Well you have detention tomorrow, your last one as well, maybe you need to tell her how you feel there. I'm sorry that you are feeling like this my son" Mitch ruffled Luke's hair like when he was a child before walking over and handing him his guitar.

"Music is your emotions, then write it Luke" Mitch smiled, even though he did not approve of the path his son was going down, he hated to see him like a heartbroken mess again. As Mitch left Luke sighed biting his lip, he looked at his nightstand where his broken down black notebook laid, he took it and opened to a new page.

He started slowly playing a melody, he whispered the chords as he played drumming the beat with every second strum. "Am ...If you just want to be friends F ...It's cool with me ... G..There are people who wait their whole life . D to feel like you....C and me" He sang in a quiet voice before sighing, he took a deep breath as he began writing lyrics down in the notebook.

You are not like most people
and I ain't too normal too
I can't understand why we are so busy
we just wants to be right
in this fight

If you just want to be friends
It's cool with me
There are people who waits their whole life
to feel like you and me
But why be happy
It's almost a waste of time
even though I could spend the rest of my life
with you on my mind

I wish our lives were a dance on red roses
But love is not like on film
And you can make me happy,
you can make me crazy too
I don't know if we were meant to be
but honestly
you and me
we're more than this

"But if you just wants to be friends" He strummed as his voice cracked. "It's cool with" A tear rolled down his cheek as he sniffled. "There are people who waits their whole life, to feel like you and me" He shook his head as he took a breath. "So why be happy, is it a waste of time" He sang in a crancky high note as he finished the last lyrics. "I'm not happy.... without you in my life"