XXXII

The wonderful smell of bread being baked in the oven and the noise of water boiling made the whole Patterson home feel like .... home. Mila stepped inside the house as Luke smiled to hear, he had as they parked their bikes told her not to worry, yet still, her hands were sweaty and stress couldn't help to show.

"Mom, we're here" As soon as Luke yelled, the sound of a pot being dropped was heard from the kitchen, and soon enough after was his mother in front of them. Her apron was filled with flour and some were even in her hair.

"You're so early, oh well.. you must be Mila" Mrs. Patterson said as she wiped her hand on the apron before reaching out to shake Mila's, who with a bright smile shook her hand.

"That would be me, it's a pleasure to meet you Mrs. Patterson," Mila said, but as she did Mrs. Patterson shook her hand in the air. "Oh please call me Emily" She answered with a bright smile.

Luke cleared his throat as he looked at his mother. "Can we help you? You seem... stressed with baking... again?" Luke chuckled, making Mila smile as she looked between the two. His mother had a gentle smile which was calming, her eyes were like Luke's.

"No no no.. your dad is... trying his best, he forgot to buy eggs who forgets that" Emily shook her head with a bright smile on her face as she looked at Mila. "Why don't you two go to Luke's room and uhm then I will call when dinner is ready?"

Luke nodded as he looked at Mila, who simply smiled to Mrs. Patterson, before they walked through the house. The house was like the Garcia's filled with Halloween decorations, but here they all seemed to be handmade.

Some were worse than others, Mila giggled as she could see which ones Luke had done as a child and which his mother had made.

"So this is my room," Luke said as he opened the door, the room was as you would expect, the walls were a blueish grey color, his guitar hung up on the wall. His dresser was opened and his clothes were hanging out from there.

His bed was in the corner, where posters of singers and bands Mila did not know hung up on his wall, she examined the small room with a smile on her face.

"It's not like yours b-" Mila interrupted him fastly. "I love it... it's very you" She giggled which made him laugh softly as well. Mila bit her lip as she took to her s necklace holding it, looking at all the posters.

"How long have you played?" Mila asked before placing herself on his bed looking up at him, Luke tiptoed back and forth on his feet. "Since I was six I believe" He answered as he took off his beanie, revealing his shaggy brown hair.

"How long have you been writing?" He asked back, placing himself beside her, she thought for a few seconds. "As long as I can remember" She sighed with a soft smile, Luke nodding.

"Well you are very talented so it makes sense" He leaned against the wall sitting on the bed. "Thank you" She whispered with a small smile on her lips. They sat in silence for a couple of seconds, as the sounds of pots and pans were heard from the kitchen making them both laugh.

As Luke looked at Mila, he remembered the talk he had with Oliver the other day, he had to ask her therefore he cleared his throat, which made her look at him with a raised eyebrow, yet this only caused him to become shyer in asking her.

"Oliver was your first kiss?" He asked in a low voice, the sudden question took Mila by surprise causing her to gasp fastly for air. "I uhm....." Mila's face turned redder than a tomato.

She never expected to be asked about that 7-grade spin the bottle kiss, yet here Luke was looking into her eyes asking him, she looked into the ground, embarrassed by his words.