IV

The last class of the day finally came, as Mila sat down in history, she took out her notebook, beginning to draw her main protagonist Elijah. She liked drawing him, as it made her remember how she saw him and what great adventure she had planned for him. Yet her quiet drawing was interrupted by someone sitting down beside her.

"Is that your boyfriend?" Mila looked up confused, staring into two crystal blue eyes she blushed hiding her drawing quickly. "N-n-no..." Mila answered feeling embarrassed. Alex laughed gently, putting a hand through his hair. "He was pretty cute though" Alex smirked. Mila laughed awkwardly, not sure why Alex suddenly decided to speak to her. "I'm Alex by the way" He smiled at her, she already knew his name yet she made a small smile, not knowing how to take all of this. "I'm Mila" She simply answered without even looking at him, but at the board.

"So you draw?" Alex tried to continue the conversation, Mila gently shook her head. "No... he is the main character in my novel" She answered him, her voice was quiet, she rarely spoke to the other students, and if she did, it was only Aera, who did most of the talking. "Well, he looked hot... what's his name?" Alex asked, giving her a bright smile, which made her giggle.

"Elijah" She answered, smiling shyly as she opened her notebook. "He's my favorite character yet" She hesitated but then showed him the drawing of him. Alex widened his eyes as he looked at the drawing.

"Oh wow? He's a ghost?" Alex asked laughing gently, which made Mila laugh as well while nodding. "Yea he was killed by lightning, which gave his body the energy to become a ghost, but then he falls in love with a human and has to deal with not being able to make her happy" Mila explained, Alex frowned.

"It's a sad love story then?" Alex asked while looking at her drawings, Mila slowly nodded. "I don't think there is anything like a sweet love story" Mila shrugged, those words made Alex look at her like she was a broken puppy.

"Don't be stupid, love will come when you don't see it, it will hit you like a ton of bricks and make you see pink skies and yes it can be sad but love itself is beautiful" Alex told her, before leaning back in his chair looking at the history teacher that came in. Mila couldn't help repeating what he had said in her mind.

As history class went on, a small note landed on Mila's notebook. She was trying to keep focus on the Cold War and all the information the history teacher gave them. She looked at Alex who smiled at her, she smiled gently back and tried her best to open the note, without getting caught.

Do you really not believe in sweet love?

Mila tried not to giggle as she wrote an answer to him.

Do you really not believe in sweet love?

I don't know.. I think love is difficult and we fall in love with the wrong people

She placed it back on his desk, when the teacher wasn't looking, she couldn't get caught in history as well. That would mean another time at the office and her punishment would turn into from every sunday for 2 months, to every weekend for the rest of the semester. She went back to her notes, but again got interrupted by the paper.

Do you really not believe in sweet love?

I don't know.. I think love is difficult and we fall in love with the wrong people

Who broke your heart?

Mila's face went red, as she felt her heart ache for a minute or two as she looked at Alex's question. Alex noticed and began looking worried at her. Mila didn't look at him, she sighed and wrote down her answer.