XVI

As the blue Audi 5000S car parked in Mila's driveway, her heart was beating fast. She was nervous, terrified to be honest. The radio stopped when Reggie pulled the key, and they sat alone in silence, looking at the big house.

"Are you ready for us to meet your parents?" Alex asked with a gentle smile, Mila took a deep breath shaking her head. "I feel kind of weird like we're all your boyfriends who have to get your parents' approval" Reggie joked, making the others laugh gently.

"I mean... with a space between boy and friends," Luke said, Mila took a deep breath before opening the door, this night just had to go fast. She had never had a boy over, neither did she have three. She began wondering how they would feel about her room, or dad's old couch, or the smell of mom's perfume in the kitchen when she sprays it in the morning and it stays. They all walked up to the front door and walked into the house.

The house smelled of 'pulpo a la gallega', the sound of her mom's opera music was playing from the kitchen while her dad was in the middle of setting the table. Mila's hands were sweaty and her hand filled dizzy.

"We're here," Mila said out loud as she walked into the living room, where there was an open space into the kitchen, her mom smiled brightly turning off the music as she walked towards Mila looking at her three friends. Her dad placed the last plate and walked over as well, while her mom was hugging her daughter.

"Welcome home Mija, and welcome to our home," She said as she let go of her daughter with a bright smile, Luke was the first to smile as brightly back, you couldn't tell at all how nervous he was as he put his hand out, greeting Mila's mom.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Mrs. and Mr. Garcia, I'm Luke," Luke said, Reggie and Alex smiled and greeted them as well. "Ahh Alex and Reggie, the boys who are driving my daughter to school, yes?" Mila's dad asked as he gave the two a handshake.

"Yes sir, that would be us" Alex answered with a soft smile, Mila cleared her throat. "Will there be dinner soon?" She asked looking at her mom, who nodded slowly. "Yes there will be dinner in a couple of minutes, why don't you show the boys around"

Mila simply nodded as she took the boys around, showing them the kitchen filled with ingredients, the living room filled with Halloween decor and pictures from Mila's childhood, she showed them the pastel blue bathroom and when they came to the door of her bedroom, she hesitated to open the door. No boy had ever entered that room.

The boys looked at her a little concerned: "Are you okay?" Luke asked, putting a hand on her shoulder, she nodded with a soft smile and opened the door, she had to stop herself from being nervous.

"This is my room," Mila said as they all walked into the darkroom, the boys looked around, almost in wow, they never imagined her room this dark, yet filled like an old magical library. The fairy lights lit up the room, which was filled with posters and notebooks.

"It used to be pastel pink... but I remade it this summer" The boys looked around with bright smiles before Reggie spoke. "You hang up the notes?" Reggie asked, seeing the wall that was filled every small note they had ever exchanged.

"Yeah.. " Mila smiled shyly, her face turning a little red. "They made me happy.." With these words she embraced in a hug by Alex, she giggled and hugged him back. "I love your room," He said and looked into her eyes, she was about to say something, when the voice of her mom was heard from the kitchen, yet as all four of them left the room, a hand landed on a notebook, as he took it and placed it in his bag before going with the others. They all placed themselves at the dinner table, Mrs. Garcia began pouring food on every plate.

"Milliana, will you do prayers?" The boys looked at Mila, Luke having a small smirk on his lips. "Your name is Milliana?" Mila gave a death stare to Luke before she smiled softly, she took his hand before taking Alex's, they all closed their eyes and prayed.

"Dear God, thank you for this beautiful dinner, thank you for friends, family and may we all have a good week to come-" Mila got interrupted by her mother who added to the prayer. "May we go in harmony and in peace, amen" They all whispered amen, before starting the dinner.