XLVII

The sun shined into the dark colored room as Mila woke up with a smile on her lips. The smell of her mother's pancakes was not to be mistaken. She looked up at her wall filled with small notes causing her to smile even more. She was home and even though it was not an ideal, she knew she had family in her friends.

Mila walked down the stairs to find her mother and father talking about something, which Mila overheard. "Just give her a chance... she really wanna go Andrew" Mrs. Garcia had tried since Mila had been expelled to make Mr. Garcia let his daughter go to Hamilton.

He took a deep breath as he sipped his coffee. "... I want her to be happy... not having money does not make her happy" Mila cleared her throat as she walked loudly down the stairs, making sure they didn't know she had listened to their conversation.

"Morning Mija," Her mother said as she looked at her with a bright smile. "Morning Mama, morning dad" Mila walked over kissing her dad on the cheek with a smile. "Feeling better? " He nodded slowly as he took a deep breath.

"Well with you here I do," He said truthfully causing her to smile, she placed herself beside him, pouring herself a cup of tea as she began eating her mother's famous blueberry pancakes.

"Whose camera is it laying in the living room?" Mrs. Garcia asked as she looked at Mr.Garcia and Mila. "Oh it's mine, Aera gave it to me for my birthday," Mila answered before sipping her tea.

"Ahh, I just saw it, what a nice present,  have you gotten to use it yet?" Mrs. Garcia asked with a smile on her face as she placed herself in the seat in front of her daughter. Mila shook her head.

"I took a few pictures on my birthday of the boys, but I think I will take it with me on Friday for the gig " She answered, then she remembered as the pancake fell down from her mouth.

"No no no no, I was supposed to go dress shopping last Saturday with Aera, we have a ball on Saturday... oh god when will I have time, to go shopping this week, their first gonna open on Thursday, there I'm decorating, and Friday the gig and Saturday is the ball-"

"What ball?" Mr. Garcia asked confused as he looked at Mrs. Garcia who looked as confused as her ex-husband. Mila took a deep breath as she sighed.

"Uhm. Luke and I found some old decorations while cleaning the basement, Bobby and him then decided to go and ask if we could have a winter ball and the principal said yes, as it would be cheaper than prom in May, even though Mr. Abello says we will have that one too"

"A winter ball? That sounds beautiful Mija" Mrs. Garcia said as she thought. "You worry about school and I will find you something to wear"

Mila did not want to admit that the idea that her catholic mother was going to find her a dress, terrified her, but when she was about to say something a hunk came, indicating Reggie was there.

"Thanks, mom" This was all she could say before putting on her shoes, kissing both her parents and then running down to the blue car. Reggie was blasting Christmas music louder than ever which caused Mila to laugh as she placed herself in the car.

"I see you heard I would be here?" She asked, looking at her friend, who smiled at her.

"I also heard about you and Lukieboo"

He said as he began tickling her as he teased her. "Stop, oh god," Mila said as her whole face turned red.

"I'm happy for you two, even though I did hope you would be my prom date" He laughed making Mila laugh too.

"Oh please, you can go with Alex" Reggie nodded as he began driving. "Yes be gay for a day right?"

Mila laughed as she looked in the cup holder where her usual drink was, somehow it felt surreal, how it almost felt like her having been mad never happened as all she could think of was Luke's lips against hers, causing her to get butterflies.