Genetic Disposition

**This was requested by... AvengersDirectioner JadeisCheesy52 user1726354 and a bunch of others. Peter and Harley are brothers (biologically Tony's boys) and Peter is becoming a little too much like his father. Tony steps in after Harley gets concerned. I'm so sorry I combined these requests, I was just reading them all together for the first time after coming off hiatus and they fit so perfectly. Also, I had to put in a slightly nicer ending - Peter is so pure, and honestly, I had to make it a bit nicer. Enjoy!!**

TW: Unwanted kisses - Peter describes someone forcing a kiss on him, but that is the extent of things.

"Dad, are you busy?"

Tony looked up from the suit, blinking as his eyes adjusted from the bright flame of a soldering iron to the dimmer light of the lab. Harley, Tony's son, was leaning against the doorframe, his body angled as if he'd only just poked his head in. Like he was expecting for his dad to send him away.

"Not at all," Tony said easily. Harley only acted this cagey when he was worried about something. "Come on in, kid, we can share some Oreos."

Tony pulled out some Oreos he'd stashed in his lab table - a new tactic he was trying to curb some of his work-binge-hunger strikes - and Harley took a seat in one of the other lab stools.

Tony passed over a small stack of cookie. "What's up?"

"I uh-" Harley took a bite of one of the cookies and chewed slowly, buying himself some time. "I'm worried."

"About?" Tony took his own cookie, trying to be as casual as possible so the teen felt more relaxed.

"About Peter."

"What about Peter?" Tony asked, looking much more concerned. Peter wasn't exactly his 'easy' son - he routinely hid his injuries, went swinging through the city at all hours of the day and night, and thought he was responsible for saving every person he saw, even if it meant hurting himself - and he had to be prepared for anything. "Is he okay?"

Harley was biting the inside of his cheek. Finally, he spit out "he'scheatingonhisgirlfriend" in one go and Tony strained to get through the gibberish.

"Care to say that again?"

Harley hurumphed and refused to meet Tony's eye. "I saw something today at school. Peter's been seeing this girl, Mary Jane, and I saw him today at his locker and Liz Allen's friend, Nicole and- you know Liz, who is super into Peter and wanted to go to homecoming but the whole Vulture thing and then she was-"

"Harley, I know what happened with that. Get back to today. What happened today?"

"I saw Peter and Nicole talking, and then I turned away to get my books, but when I looked back, they were kissing."

Tony sat back in his seat and hummed. Whatever he had been expecting, this wasn't it. Tony and Pepper had been so careful with their twins. They were very open about Tony's addiction problems so they both knew what they were avoiding. They were very open about everything, actually, but when it came to Tony's past romances and promiscuity, they tried to keep that on the down-low.

Maybe it was a genetic thing after all.

Tony put a hard hand on Harley's shoulder to give him some comfort. "I'll talk to him. I promise, we'll figure it out."

Harley visibly relaxed, but Tony could sense just a little anxiety under that ease.

"And just so you know," Tony added. "I love Mary Jane, so if Peter is cheating on her, I will be the first and last person to kick his ass."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter was working on math when Tony knocked on the door. "Come in," he called over the music playing in the background. Tony let himself in and waited on Peter's bed for the teen to finish whatever it was he was working on.

Peter turned his desk chair around to look at his dad and smiled that big, happy smile. It made Tony's heart hurt.

"We need to talk."

Instantly, Peter was on edge. He hated that phrase. "What about?"

"About me." Tony took a deep breath. "When I was a kid- no, when I was younger, I was a bit of a player. Even when your mom was my assistant, but before we were married, I would-" Tony sighed. "I guess the best way to explain this would be 'I slept with anything and everything that moved'."

Peter was visibly uncomfortable, squirming in his seat. "I don't want to hear about your sex life, Dad, this is so weird."

"This is serious, Peter. I wasn't a good person then, and I've had to work really hard to repair the damage I did then. And we need to talk about this because I'm starting to get worried about you."

"Me? Dad, I'm dating Mary Jane. She's the only girl for me."

Tony hummed. "Then why were you kissing someone else at school?"

Peter looked down at his lap, his face going red. He pulled on his hands, then slid on hand over his inner arm and began to scratch aggressively. Tony took notice.

"Don't get all defensive, I already know. We're going to talk about it, though, and when we're done, I'm going to drive you over to Mary Jane's house so you can tell her what you did."

Peter kept mumbling something. Tony cocked his head to the side. "You got something to say?"

Peter mumbled again.

"Speak up. No need to be all shy when you were kissing someone else in that hall. You've got nothing to hide."

"I didn't want to kiss her," Peter said lowly. Tony's boiling blood ran cold.

"What?" It was breathy and lost-sounding, as if Tony's breath had been lost.

"I didn't want to kiss her," Peter repeated. "We were talking, and I knew it was weird, but she was only talking about classes so I wasn't going to be rude. I turned to tell her I had to go and she grabbed my shoulders and started kissing me. I was shocked at first, and then I pushed her away, but she wouldn't let go."

Tony breathed out, low and angry. "That's not okay, Peter. That's assault."

Peter looked up with wide eyes. "No it's not. She didn't hit me, or- or- or... R-word me."

"Kissing you without your consent, or forcing you to kiss her, is assault, Peter. It's not okay. We should tell your mom, and the school. She can't go near you again."

"You're overreacting," Peter mumbled.

"I'm not," Tony countered. "You're lucky I haven't already sent Natasha out to drag that girl back here."

Peter didn't say anything, he just got up to lean into Tony's side. Tony knew the next conversation was going to be harder - Peter was feeling gross and dirty and his mouth was all smooshed and Mary Jane was going to be upset no matter what - but that could come later. When Tony had fixed this mistake. His son needed his love and support now, not a lecture.

"Hey, Dad? Who saw today? Who told you?"

"Harley," Tony said honestly. "He told me he was worried about you."

"That's sweet, I guess," Peter whispered. "Can we not tell him yet? Or mom? I just... I still don't know how I feel about it. I was so upset, but calling it assault seems a little extreme. I don't know if that makes it better or worse in my head."

Tony nodded. "Of course, bambino, whatever you need."

So it wasn't genetic after all. That was a relief, even if Tony was feeling selfish for thinking of it that way. He pressed a kiss to Peter's head, and in that moment, it was all better.