Photographic Evidence

**Request for pll_rvd_lm_fan_ featuring bio!Peter Stark and Pepperony being proud parents. This one was a lot of fun and I really liked it. I'm going to be taking a few days off after this chapter, but it'll only be 5 days (at the most). I need some time to recharge, work out some plotting issues on other books, and making some physical progress on some drafts. Enjoy!!**

Peter loved the month of November. It was what he liked to call "the final sprint". There was Halloween, of course, and then Stephen's birthday, Natasha's birthday, Thanksgiving, Bruce's birthday, Christmas, New Years, and Clint's birthday! It was also one of the most beautiful times of the year in the city - the leaves were raining down red and orange leaves, the wind kicked up bitter storms, and winter was right around the corner.

And because of the upcoming holidays, Peter usually missed quite a bit of school to help his parents finish up end of year business for the company. It was the best part of the year, honestly, he got to pal around with his dad in the labs or on cross-continental flights, and his mom would help him tie his tie and they'd take on the heated board meetings. It was nice.

Except when Peter's week off was the same week his school planned a huge field trip.

Ned and MJ had both tried getting ahold of Peter, but they hadn't heard back. It was pretty common for Peter to unplug while working, so neither one of them was worried, but the field trip this year was to Stark Towers and that was what worried them.

"Ready to get to work?" Tony asked, passing his son a mug of coffee. It was a cold Friday morning - the forecast was saying snow, but Peter doubted it - and Tony knew the lab downstairs would be freezing. The hot coffee would help at least a little.

"Sure," Peter said, taking a sip. "What are we doing today? Is it a full lab day, or are there any meetings for me and mom?"

Tony shook his head. "Nope, full lab day!"

The two made their way to the lab downstairs, while Peter's class made their way into the lobby. Ned and MJ were near the back of the class, making one last-ditch effort to get ahold of Peter. They were furiously typing away, much to their teacher's dislike.

"Ned. MJ. No phones out on this trip. Put them away or I will do it for you."

Ned and MJ both hastily shoved their phones back in their pockets.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"And now we are heading up to the penthouse." At those nine words, MJ and Ned both looked up in panic. The tour around the tower had been relatively uneventful so far. They hadn't seen Peter, not even when Pepper had rocketed through the conference floor where the class was touring. Pepper hadn't even noticed them, but she was talking on the phone, swiping through a tablet, and reorganizing some paperwork all at once, so Ned and MJ knew Peter was probably locked down in the lab today and not helping out on the administrative side.

"Isn't that a security problem?" Ned asked, hoping the intern would somehow take back her words.

"Normally, it would be," the intern said, giving Ned a knowing glance. She recognized him from around the tower when he and Peter would hang out. "But we've gotten special permission. You must have caught the eye of someone upper up!"

Ned and MJ exchanged uneasy glances.

The elevator dinged and let the students out on the penthouse floor. Some of the students expected it to be sleek and clean, almost as if no one lived there. The scattered evidence of the team made it clear just how lived in the penthouse was. A hold in the drywall from where Clint and Sam had gotten into rough housing was prominent on the wall opposite the elevator, while a whole stack of shoes sat precariously by the door. The kitchen was messy - last night's dishes were stacked by the sink to be washed later - and the living room was a total mess with blankets, sweaters, books, and legos all scattered around the plush couches.

"This is the penthouse, kids! This is where the Stark family lives, and where the Avengers spend much of their time together." The intern was walking forward, leading a trail of fascinated kids out of the elevator and into the apartment. "As many know, the Avengers are full time residents of the Tower, and each have their own bedroom on the floor below this. The penthouse itself was originally designed for only Dr. and Mrs. Stark, so it wasn't suitable for the team to live here without doing massive reconstruction."

Ned was walking aimlessly through the place, having seen it a million times before, but stopped when he realized what was in the living room.

"MJ!" Ned said urgently, trying to keep his voice down as best he could. "The photo wall!"

The photo wall was a veritable shrine in the living room to Peter. Starting by the TV, pictures of a newborn Peter in Tony's arms and Pepper helping a toddler Peter walk, to pictures of Peter on his first day of school and the night before Homecoming with Pepper and Tony on either side of him, were scattered across the entire wall.

"Oh, shit." MJ looked up right as the intern disappeared into the living room, and her heart stopped for a second. Ned and MJ raced to catch up to the others, and turned the corner just as Flash was peering at the pictures on the wall.

The bully moved down the row, calling out to the intern as he did so. "Is this the Stark heir? The secret one no one-" Flash cut himself off as he found a more recent photo of Peter. Peter Park- no, Peter Stark. "What the hell?"

The class all clamored to see what Flash was freaking out at, each one letting out their own gasp of recognition as they saw Peter's face.

"I see you've found the Photo Wall," the intern said. "That's all the photos of the Starks' son growing up!"

The class was still freaking out at the knowledge that their classmate was the secret Stark heir. Flash was practically pulling out his own hair, while Cindy, Abe, and Betty were all cheering a little. The rest of Flash's goons were starting to panic - "The Avengers are probably like his family, guys, they're going to kill us!" - and the rest of the class were all snapping photos of the wall for themselves and posting them online.

"I hope this is a valuable lesson," came a voice from behind the class. Everyone whirled around only to come face to face with Tony Stark. "My son is a goddamn saint for putting up with the bullshit you all put him through. He is the smartest, most kind-hearted person I have ever met, and I know with one glance he's the best person in this class. If I ever hear of someone pushing him around," - a pointed glance at Flash - "Or of someone doubting his work here at Stark Industries," - a glare at the teacher - "Again, I will not hesitate to blow them off the face of the Earth. And before anyone doubts that, remember that Peter's godfather is a US Air Force pilot, his godmother is a superspy, he watches Disney movies Friday nights with the Winter Soldier and Captain America, and the Hulk follows his directions. There wouldn't be a body to find when we were done with you. Now, I have to be getting back to the lab. Peter's working on the next IronSpider suit and I'm always worried about him removing safety features."

And with that, Tony Stark turned on his heel and left. The class was stunned silent, still reeling from Tony's sharp threats.

"Well," Ned said, turning to MJ a little. "That could have been a lot worse."

MJ shrugged. "True. It could have been Pepper."