Short Staffed pt. 2

Peter took a breath. This wasn't exactly what he had in mind when he had agreed to do a tour, but, then again, when did anything ever go right for him when he left the penthouse?

"Alright," the teen said, finding his 'working' personality. "I'll be passing out guest badges now. Come and get one when I call your name, and make sure they are somewhere security can see them at all times."

Peter Parker, the shy, timid boy everyone knew at school was gone, replaced by the take-charge, confident, go-getter, Peter Stark. The kid who was going to inherit this whole place.

"Cindy. Abe. CJ. Thomas. Markus. Emily. Ned?"

Ned pushed to the front, all but crushing Peter in a hug. "Hey, man, good to see you, too."

"Dude, this is so cool!"

Peter chuckled, handing Ned a lanyard. "Yeah, wasn't expecting it, though." Ned retreated back into the crowd, nearly vibrating with giddiness.

Peter continued down the list, surprised when no one, not even Flash, made any comments to him. Maybe it was his Stark ego that kept them all at bay.

"We will be passing through security now. FRIDAY, the Tower's AI, will scan your badge, then announce your name and clearance level. You are all Omegas, meaning you are one day guests to the Tower. The ranking is quite simple, after Omegas, we have Betas, Deltas, Thetas, Gammas, and Alphas. Betas are interns, Deltas are secretaries, head interns, and other mid-level workers, Deltas are scientists and other office workers, Thetas are lead researchers, scientists, and such, Gammas are the board members, PR staff, and Tower organizers, and, finally, Alphas are the Avengers."

Abe raised his hand timidly, and Peter pointed to him.

"What level are you?"

Peter smiled softly. "I don't have one. Ms. Potts, Tony Stark, Colonel Rhodes, and myself have no clearance, and are instead recognized by our biometrics, which are taken by FRIDAY whenever we pass a security checkpoint."

Everyone was quiet again, and Peter gestured for them to continue through the security bay. Ned was, of course, first to go through.

"Ned Leeds, Omega visitor. Hello, Ned, are you here with Peter? Why are you using a pass?" FRIDAY's voice rang through the lobby clearly, and everyone jumped.

"School trip, m'lady!"

"Have fun, Ned!"

The rest of the students passed through without much commotion. When everyone was through, Peter stepped past, and FRIDAY's voice suddenly seemed to be full of emotion.

"Hello, Peter, do you happen to be the tour guide today?"

"I am, FRIDAY. You can blame Dad, he's the one who told me to come down here."

FRIDAY bid Peter a good day, and the teen led everyone to the elevator.

"First stop, the museum. This floor is dedicated to the Avengers, including their old suits and original weaponry, as well as artifacts recovered from fights."

Everyone filed out of the elevator excitedly, each one rushing to see their favorite heroes' exhibits.

"Peter!" Ned whisper-yelled for his friend to come over, and Peter rolled his eyes before doing so. "What's up?"

"You have an exhibit," Ned whispered. Peter whipped his head around, his eyes growing wide with surprise.

"Really? I haven't been down here in weeks, this must be new!" There was a glass case, where Peter's first suit was hanging. The old onesie made the teen wince, but Ned just giggled and looked at the plaque hanging next to it.