Worthy

**Request by galaxy_404! Peter is 16 in this one. Thanks for the request, this one was super fun! So much fun, in fact, that it's two parts! Sorry its a bit late, this week has been absolutely wild.**

Peter sat at the dining table on the top floor of the Stark Tower, fiddling with his food. He twirled the fork through the spaghetti, pulled up, and plopped it back onto the plate.

The teen was very nervous. Today was a big day for him. He'll be meeting Thor and Loki, the two gods who frequently helped out with missions. Up until today, they'd only ever "hung out" with Peter when he was dressed as Spiderman and on mission with them. Which was only once before.

Peter let out a deep sigh, his leg bouncing and shaking the table. He was really nervous.

"FRIDAY?"

"Yes, Peter?"

"Do you know when everyone will be back? Or when Thor and Loki will be arriving?"

"Mr. and Mrs. Stark will be back in 3 and a half hours. The team will be returning from grocery shopping in an hour. Thor and Loki are scheduled to arrive in 15 minutes."

Peter jumped up, almost knocking over his food in the process. "15 minutes?" Panic coursed through his veins. He ran to his room, tugging off his shirt. He stumbled a little as his collar got caught on his chin,  but quickly recovered.

Despite his extensive wardrobe, he'd been through almost all his shirts and still hadn't found anything he thought was suitable for meeting two gods.

"Peter, visitors have entered the penthouse." FRIDAY's voice rang through the room, startling the already panicked,  half naked teen.

"Ah!" Peter grabbed the first shirt he saw, thinking it was a plain blue top. He dashed out of the room, sliding on the hard wood in his socks. As he entered the kitchen, he thanked God, or rather gods, that the two men were facing away from him. Peter propped himself up by his arm, leaning against the kitchen bar, before speaking.

"Oh, hello." The two gods turned towards the boy.

First impressions are pretty important. Peter's first impressions of the two men were no different. Thor, who was dressed in jeans and a tee shirt, looked completely out of place, especially since he was holding his hammer  loosely at his side. Loki, on the other hand, was wearing a dark green and black robe, his hair slicked back and his eyes wild. Peter was pretty sure that man could beat him to a pulp with one thought and oh, boy, was he scared.

"I'm Peter," he said, his voice dangerously close to a whisper.

"Hello, Peter son of Stark!" Thor's voice boomed through the penthouse. Peter resisted the urge to cover his ears.

"Son of Stark? Tony isn't my dad, Mr. Thor, he's-"

"He loves you, yes?" Thor looked at the child curiously before laughing. "Of course he loves you! You are like a son to him!"

Peter blanched. This was already so weird, now Thor had made it so much worse.

"Where are those pop tarts?" The blond god moved around the kitchen, checking the cabinets and whatnot. Peter moved away from the larger man, inadvertently moving closer to Loki.

"Hello, young Peter." Loki's voice scared the living day lights out of Peter, and he jumped.

"Oh, he-hello, Mr. Loki," Peter said, fiddling with the hem of his shirt.

"Are you afraid of me?" Loki's voice was unwavering, but Peter caught a glimpse of sadness pass over the god's face.

"No, no, sir, Mr. Loki. I'm not afraid. I'm just nervous."

"Is that why your shirt is inside out?"

Peter shrieked as he looked down. Sure as anything, the shirt was inside out. He pulled it off, turned it right side out, and pulled it back on. His face reappeared out of the collar, a lot more red than it had been before. Loki chuckled.

"No need to call me Mr. Loki, young spider, please call me Loki."

Peter nodded. "Is Mr. Thor okay?"

"My brother is... an interesting man. He appears to be distraught over not having these small pastries he likes from this land."

Peter nodded again. "Mr. Thor, sir, I can go get you some if you would like!"

Thor snapped out of his sadness, laughing heartily and strode over to the teen and his brother. "No more of the formal Mr. Thor, Peter! Call me Thor!"

Peter flinched as the god gripped his shoulder.

"O-okay," he stammered. "Well. Is there anything you two wanted to do today? I can take you anywhere you want, or we could get ice cream. My treat!"

Thor dropped his hammer onto the floor with a thud, scooping up Peter in a hug. "Stark was not lying, he is very sweet!" Peter was very, very confused. Tony thought he was sweet? He didn't even know Thor that well, yet, but here he was, hugging the boy senseless.

Loki laughed, letting his guard fall slightly. "Yes, Peter is very kind." The raven haired god moved into the living room, collapsing onto the couch.

Thor carried Peter over to the couch, despite the teen's words of protest, and set him down next to Loki, taking the spot next to the teen. It was a Mischief God, Spider, Thunder God sandwich!

"Mr. Th- Thor. You are squishing me a little," Peter said, squirming around. Thor moved over, letting Peter stretch out a bit.

"Thank you."

The three sat in silence again. It was clear as day to Loki that Peter was uncomfortable, probably feeling a bit anxious about the two new gods. Thor, however, was completely unaware of the teen's discomfort.

"Young Peter," Loki said, trying to start some conversation. It was rare for the Mischief God to make effort like this, and his brother took notice immediately. "What do you like to do?"

"I like science. And Legos," Peter said, rubbing his arm awkwardly.

"Stark says you are very smart!" Thor pushed into the conversation. Peter lit up in a blush again.

"Brother mine, let's not be so loud, no? And perhaps we can leave Stark's constant comments out of this?" Loki's eyes plead with his brother's, and apparently it worked, because Thor quickly put his head down in shame, and when he spoke again, he was much quieter.

"Young Peter, can we go get the 'ice cream' you speak of? I have never tried it!" Thor's face lit up when the teen nodded, and Loki's face split into a grin. The three got up, Thor and Loki moving towards the door and Peter going to get his wallet.

"Oh, Thor? You forgot this!" Peter effortlessly grabbed Mjolnir, tossing it to the god. The boy bent down to tie his shoes, and when he stood back up, he was met with shocked faces. "What?"

"He's worthy, brother," Thor said softly.

"Yes, I can see that," Loki snapped back. "But we can't leave without leaving a note." The god of mischief grabbed a pen off the table by the door and a piece of scrap paper, walked over to the kitchen island, and scribbling a quick note.

"Alright, let's go," the dark-haired man said, taking hold of Peter's shoulder.

"Where are we going?" Peter asked the two god's, stepping into the elevator.

"Asgard, young spider."