Love and War Pt. 2

**Request for HPDisneylover where we meet up with Steve, Bucky, and Peter in the modern era. Peter is interning for Stark and doesn't know the other two are alive, and the other two don't know Peter was in the freezer like Bucky. This accidentally turned more irondad-ish at the end... As a side note, I have found so many requests in my comments! I'm having a blast writing them and listening to Christmas music. It's not too early for that, right? Enjoy!!**

Peter followed Stark like he was the world. Maybe he was at this point. Peter was barely 17, he had no living family, and at this point, the only thing waking up in the mornings was the internship he had with Stark Industries.

Oh, and it didn't help that the first thing he did after waking up in a new century was get bitten by a radioactive spider.

"Mr. Stark," Peter started quietly, in that way he only used when he wanted something. The two were heading down to the lab to work on some new equipment for the team. "Does this mean I might be able to meet the others?"

Stark gave his intern a look. "Maybe. Why do you want to meet the others anyways? It's not like you're a big Avengers fan anyways."

"I'm an Ironman fan," Peter said quietly. "But I still want to meet them. Do they even know I'm Spiderman?"

Stark was quiet for a moment. He hadn't exactly kept Peter's identity secret, but he wasn't very open about it either. If the team wanted to know who the kid was, they could always ask FRIDAY. She would tell them.

"They haven't investigated it," Stark said with a shrug. "If they asked me directly, I'd tell them. But, Pete, I don't want you to think it's because I'm not proud."

Stark put a hand on Peter's shoulder. They'd come a long way since the the Homecoming incident, and Stark was slowly learning that Peter needed positive reinforcement and affection to thrive in this world. He was getting a lot better at that - he reminded Peter of how proud he was on a near weekly basis now.

"I know."

Stark sighed. "Alright. It's your birthday next week, why not. You can meet them out of mask."

Peter's smile was infectious as the teen jumped up and down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stark was starting to regret telling Peter to come over. It was a Friday and the team was spread out along the couches, lounging and soaking up their free time. Fridays were precious here in the towers. It was the one day the team didn't train, and it usually ended in homemade pasta dinners and movie nights.

"Hey, guys, do you mind if my intern stops by?"

The team chorused 'yes's and 'go for it's. "How long has he been an intern?" Steve asked.

"A few years," Stark said vaguely. "He started here a few years back. When he got his powers."

"Powers?" Steve looked a little alarmed. "What powers? Your intern is a kid, Tones, you said he's in high school!"

Natasha had a knowing look, though. "Spiderman?"

Tony nodded. "Yeah, he's Spiderman. You guys met him briefly in Germany."

The team exchanged uneasy looks. "You mean that kid in Germany-"

"He caught my punches!" Bucky said in awe. "You're telling me the Spiderman is some high school student in Queens?"

Stark nodded. "Yep. He's been dying to meet you guys outside of the mask for weeks now." The billionaire would never admit it, but there was something... nerve-wracking about Peter meeting the others. For nearly 2 years now Peter and Stark had been working on a budding relationship and the others threatened that. What if Peter decided that Steve was better mentor material? What if he started to like Natasha more? Or Bucky? Tony was already fighting off Rhodey.