MoF Day 18: Beach Days

**Quarantine when its beautiful out is really killing me, all I wanna do is go to the beach with my friends and dogs and drink juice. That's my only wish. Enjoy!**

Peter let Tessa run free as he threw open the door. The teen threw his face back and closed his eyes as he stepped into salty, humid air.

"Peter!" Tony said, getting out of the driver seat. "Don't let Tessa go too far, she'll scare someone."

Peter waved the older man off. "She's a big sweet heart," he assured, but called his dog back anyways. Tessa came trotting back, her paws kicking up sand as she raced to Peter's side. He laughed rubbing her head as she wiggled at his hip.

Pepper was busy getting the bags and blankets out of the trunk, Natasha at her side. "Grab that, too, that's lunch for later." The ex-assassin grabbed the cooler with ease, years of working out really paying off.

A large jeep pulled up next to the little family and Natasha, music pumping through the speakers and spilling into the parking lot. Natasha rolled her eyes as Clint, Thor, Bruce, Steve, and Bucky poured out of the jeep, jostling and joking with one another.

"Just because you're deaf doesn't mean you have to make everyone else deaf, too," Natasha said to Clint. She was the only one allowed to make those kinds of jokes.

Clint just shrugged and pulled a rucksack out of his backseat.

The team made their way down to the sand, searching over the crowds and dunes for a spot to set up their blankets and stuff. There was a little family picking up their things, and Peter pointed it out as they all made their way over. Pepper and Natasha, and Steve and Peter laid out the blankets. Tony set the cooler on one corner to hold it down if there was a strong wind. Bucky put the  bags on the other corners, making sure everything else was secured.

Peter immediately kicked off his sandals and began pulling off his tee shirt. "I'm going swimming with Tess."

There was no time to protest as Peter took off running, Tessa jumping and running along with him. Bucky picked up Tessa's ball and hurled it with his metal arm, making it land in the waves. Tessa saw the splash and began pushing harder. Peter tried to keep up with her, but the sand kept tripping him up. The teen's toe hit a rock and he went sprawling and the whole team, save Tony and Pepper, laughed as he went head over heels in the sand.

"I'm okay!" Peter shouted when he had righted himself, raising a thumbs up. Tessa, who had gotten the ball and was trotting back to Bucky, didn't even stop to see Peter on her way to the team.

Peter shook himself off and headed to the waves, diving into the warm water and swimming out under the waves.

"Anyone up for Frisbee?" Steve asked, pulling attention away from the teen in the water. Bruce stood up and made a grabby hand motion, signaling for Steve to throw the frisbee his way. The two quickly back-peddled away from one another, tossing the frisbee between each other. Natasha went to join them as Bucky threw the ball again for Tessa.

"Thor, you need water to make that work," Pepper explained, watching Thor as he started to pack sand into a bucket for a sandcastle. The God looked a little confused, though, and dumped the bucket over for it to only fall apart. "Here, let me help."

Pepper got up and took Thors bucket, filling it with sand and then pouring some water from her water bottle into the sand. Flipping the bucket over, she tapped all over the sides and top, and when she lifted it up, it stayed in a perfect turret. Thor let out an excited yelp.

"Oh! It stays!" The God grabbed his bucket and packed more sand in, mixing it with water from Pepper's bottle. He flipped it over, next to the first turret, and clapped with amusement when he pulled the bucket up. "This is a phenomenal activity!"

Pepper smiled good-naturedly.

"He'll use all your water," Tony whispered, leaning into his wife's ear.

"I know," Pepper whispered back.

Just then, Peter ran back, dripping wet and covered in sand. The teen collapsed onto the blanket, catching his breath.

"Water was nice. Very nice."

Everyone smiled at the boy, who basked in the sun happily. Suddenly, just as Tony thought he might have fallen asleep, Peter sat up and jumped at Tony, startling him and making the billionaire shout.

"Peter!"

The teen doubled over, laughing hysterically.

"Can we have lunch soon?" Peter asked once he'd calmed down. "I'm hungry."

"It's not even 10:30 yet, Pete."

Pepper smacked Tony's arm. "Of course we can, love, I packed extra for you."

The woman got up to her knees and waddled over to the cooler, pulling out apple slices and a sandwich and tossing them to Peter.

The teen grabbed the sandwich, gasping with joy. "You cut off the crusts?"

"I know you don't like them, so I had Tony cut them off."

Peter smiled at Pepper and Tony, his face lit up in both sunlight and happiness. "I love you guys. You're the best."

The whole team smiled at one another as Peter bit through his sandwich. It was no secret that they all loved Peter like their own, well... no secret to anyone besides Peter himself. But maybe he was seeing it now that they were out in the sunlight.