5 Times MJ surprised Peter and the 1 Time He Surprised Her

**This 5+1 idea came to me this morning while I was getting ready and I thought I just had to share. It's not super long, they're just little ficlets. Really, this is just a way for me to get my Spideychelle fix for the week. Also, there is an important A/N at the bottom so please read that!! Enjoy!**

~1~

MJ watched with curious eyes and Peter moved around the bathroom, nothing but a towel around his waist. She couldn't help it. Under all those silly tee-shirts and baggy sweaters, Peter had been hiding a full set of abs, taut shoulders, and bulging arms. It was mesmerizing.

It wasn't even like she was trying to be creepy. She wasn't trying to spy on him. Ned had said that Peter was just getting ready for the tournament, not that 'getting ready' meant 'in the shower and about to walk around the hotel room half naked and dripping wet'. She was just trying to catch Peter before everyone was downstairs so they could talk about the topics for tonight's competition.

Peter combed through his curls, making an exaggerated face and smoothing one hand over his hair like an old school greaser. He pulled out a little bottle of cream and squeezed a little into his hands before working them through his hair.

That's why it smells like coconut, MJ thought absentmindedly.

"Oooohhh, yeah, baby."

MJ stifled a giggle as Peter put on a show of getting his hair ready. He really was a very endearing person, from the nerdy puns to the bashful way he ducked his head down in class. Even now, now that MJ had gotten an eyeful of Peter's incredible body and watched him act like an idiot with a comb, she was even more enamored with him. She'd never let on, though. This was her little secret. MJ? Having a crush on this dork? No way.

Peter's phone buzzed a little, and he leaned over the counter to check it. He smiled as he swiped the phone open. His eyes scanned a little - it was a text, then - and then picked up the phone and typed rapid-fire. He sent the text, then double tapped the home button, swiped across the screen, and pulled up a different app. Music started playing.

It was a pop-ish song, something MJ had heard over the radio a few times but never really paid attention to. It was the exact sort of song she expected Peter to like. It was up-beat and cheerful and clean because heaven forbid Peter Parker curse.

"-you don't wanna see me-" Peter started singing along, bobbing his head along. "-dancing with somebody!" The teen shook his body against the counter, faking like he was dancing and grinding on someone else. He made little circles with his hips. The cheap, hotel cabinets shook a little.

"Don't show up! Don't come out!" Peter jumped a little, heading towards the toilet. A pile of clothes were stacked on the toilet lid for after the shower.

Peter grabbed his shirt and threw it on, getting a little tangled and stuck in the arms as he did so. He flailed his arms around and wrestled with the shirt, causing the towel to fall. MJ's eyes widened as Peter's tight ass came into view and she couldn't help but gasp.

Peter spun around, his head still caught in the shirt. "Who's there?"

"I'm so sorry!" MJ's eyes trailed up and down his body for a second before she quickly shut her eyes. "I'm sorry!"

"MJ?"

Peter finally managed to get the shirt on and quickly covered himself up. His face was bright red. "What are you doing here? Get out!"

The teen slammed the door, leaving MJ standing in the room alone. If he hadn't been so embarrassed, he would have noticed that MJ, for the first time in the entire time they were friends, looked startled herself, her cool, calm, and collected expression broken. A deep blush was painted across her cheeks, her eyes were darting anywhere but the bathroom door, and her heart was racing.