Learning to Dance

**A/N: Prompt idea from a comment on my other story by strangersally about Natasha teaching Peter to do ballet and the rest of the team finds out. Some fluffy Natasha/Peter friendship for y'all :) Weird style, but I'm trying something new, let me know how y'all like it!**

It had started as an accident, just something Peter found out about Natasha on day. He'd noticed that after the last 4 missions, the ex-assassin had sneaked off, unnoticed by the rest of the team. After the 4th time, Peter had decided he would follow her next time, and figure out what she was doing with herself.

The opportunity to figure things out presented itself soon enough, and Natasha slipped away from the team after a long and hard mission. Despite wanting nothing more than a hot shower and a nap, Peter followed the red head quietly.

He was surprised to see her creep into a unused, dusty old training room. The sound of soft piano music suddenly filled the hall, and Peter peeked his head through the crack in the door.

Natasha was stripped down into her leggings and a sports bra. She was on her tip toes, moving across the room in a series of beautiful movements, spinning occasionally. Her posture was straight, and each movement was smooth and fluid even though each muscle being clenched.

Peter watched in awe for a few moments, not noticing the music had ended.

"I can see you, Маленький паук," Natasha said softly as she changed the music on her phone. (Translation: little spider) "Come on in."

Peter moved into the room, feeling awkward and unwelcome. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to intrude, I was just curious where you go after missions and no one seemed to notice but me so I followed you, which I know I shouldn't do, and I'm really sorry, but I was curious, and then it was just so beautiful and-" The teen's rambling was cut off by a soft laughed.

"It's okay, Peter, I don't mind if you know."

"Oh, so the others already know?" Peter didn't need a real answer, Natasha's look was enough to tell him the truth. "Why me, then?"

Natasha shrugged. "I like you. And what's more, I trust you. I'd like to keep this a secret, it's not the most 'bad-ass' thing I could be doing."

Peter's mouth dropped open, and his eyes got wide. "Are you kidding me? It's incredible! It takes so much muscle and power and strength to do what you do!"

Natasha shot him a grin, and a mischievous spark lit up her eyes. "Wanna learn?"

And that was the start of it. From then on, the two spiders would have training days, just the two of them. Peter had essentially wiped the little room they used to dance off the face of the Earth, as it was no longer on any maps or blueprints of the Tower, and Natasha had made sure to put up a new mirror and barre for them to use. Of course, they had to clear out some old boxes and stuff, but Peter checked it all out and he didn't think anyone would come looking for it.

Peter loved ballet, surprisingly. At first, he was doing it to have something to do with Natasha, but he never guessed that he would fall in love with dance, let alone become good at it. He'd been right in his original assessment, it took a lot of muscle and control.

It'd been nearly 3 months when Natasha came to him with a proposition.

"I've always wanted to do pairs ballet, like with lifts and stuff, but... 'no boys allowed' and all that, so I never got the chance. You're getting really good, so I was thinking, I mean..." It was unusual for the confident woman to show any sort of uncertainty, least of all when she was asking for something of another person, but she was nervous. What if he said no?