Cold as Ice

I followed Rick and his buddies to the ice rink and we all sat down in the crowds. This was the first time I've seen Adam Banks. You see, I've heard Rick mention him a few times but i've never actually met him. Cute kid.

The game finally started and Charlie Conway skated around with the puck then scored. The siren went off and the crowd cheered. Adam went to cheer but was soon shut down by Rick and his friends.

"You can chill out, you know." I whispered to Rick Reilly.

"We don't cheer for ducks." He retorted.

JV scored two more points. The JV team was doing great. They were already up to three points.

Luis Mendoza was the quickest on the team. He shot the puck and Jumped over the net. He may be fast but he can't stop.

By half time it was 9-0. Incredible i must admit. The game started back up again and the team began to get too cocky. The other team scored and it was now 9-1.

There defense wasn't very good. Rick and the boys began to chuckle and I just glared at him.

It was now 9-5 and Conway smashed his stick on the net and broke it in half. The ref called it and put him in the box.

The other team scored again. Conway was out of the box and got confident. He wouldn't pass the puck. He went to shoot but was cut short and fell to the ground.

Everyone watched the puck slowly approach the net and then it just stopped. 9 seconds in the clock and the opponent got the puck back and skated to the other end and shot it. 9-9 game over.

Rick and the boys sprinted out the door really quick leaving me alone with Coles girlfriend.

"Where are they going?" The cheerleader asked me.

"They have a game too tonight." I stood up and slowly walked out of the stadium to meet Tiffany.

"Rick is honestly such a dick." I say to her. "What did he do know." Tiffany asked.

"He is so cocky! I hate it. Like there isn't a reason to be so mean towards the ducks, ya know."

"Hate to say this but, I knew you were going into open fire when you told about you guys dating." Tiffany admitted. "I don't understand why you're still with him."

"I don't even know either."

Tiffany sat next to me at the Varsity game and watched them play. They obviously won, but I was still kinda mad that he was being so rude recently.

I met up with Rick right after the game and followed him into the locker room.

"You make a big deal out of everything, Bridget." Rick told me.

"Well it's not too big of a big deal, but I still don't think it's necessary to—."

We all walked into an ice cold locker room with everything frozen. Cole tapped on his frozen letterman's jacket and it fell to the ground, shattering.

"Damn." I muttered and spun around.

"What?" Rick retorted.

"Sucks to be you!" I laughed and marched out of the locker room smiling. Whoever did that was a genius.

The next morning on my way to school, i was stopped at my dorm by Rick.

"Hey babe." He put his arm around my shoulder.

"What do you want?" I shrugged off his shoulder.

"You still mad? Look I'm sorry for how I treat the ducks." He said. "It's a guy thing."