Math Prodigy

I spent the past couple days practicing on my jumps and competing. I earned my spot in 5th place last competition. That's pretty good for a 2 year suspension.

"Fast learner like usual." Tremblay smiled. "I think you should be done for the day."

I skates off the ice and changed into my shoes. "Your looking good. You think you'll be ready for the competition, Friday?"

"Yeah, I think so." I say without thinking. "Wait, this friday?"

Tremblay nodded. "Nonono. I can't do this Friday." I say. "It's the showdown."

"Bridget, you are so close to the top though. Don't you wanna gain your legacy again."

"Coach, this is really important though." I pleaded.

"This competition is really important too."

I sat in silence and sighed. "I'll think about it. It's only in two days."

The next day I run into Julie and Adam. "You guys excited for the showdown?" I asked.

"We are so pumped." Julie cheered.

"Yeah, their not so hot." Adam said.

"Adam, I can totally see the nerves through your face." Julie smirked.

"Okay Julie, to be fair, Rick doesn't necessarily like me so of course i'm gonna be a little bit nervous." Adam admitted.

"We love a soft boy." Julie joked

"I'm not soft!" Adam argued.

"Chill Adam. No need to get defensive." I laughed,

"I'm not getting defensive."

"You kinda are." I told him. "But you don't have to worry. I've seen you fight with a player on the ice before. I know your not soft."

I leaned towards Julie. "On the outside at least."

Julie giggled and Adam just rolled his eyes. As we walk, I see Kristin talking to Rick. I shrugged it off as if I didn't care. However, what made me really mad was that he knew I hated her. He wanted to make me jealous I knew it. There was no way he was gonna make me jealous, I was just mad at the fact that his toxic ass even tried.

"I'm sorry." Julie apologized.

"Don't be. He's an asshole." I reply.

"Yeah, plus Kristin cannot compare to you." Adam said trying to hype me up.

"Aww, sweet boy." I joked while trying to pinch his cheeks. He swatted my hand away. "Is this just another way of calling me soft?"

I laughed at his comment.

"Look at that, Rick is totally getting pissed with you and Adam." Julie claimed. "Keep doing what your doing."

"There is literally nothing between me and Adam. This is the first time we ever talked since the first time we ever talked. Which was at Hans' funeral that was like two weeks ago." I claimed. "Plus, after Rick, I don't think I'll ever date a hockey player again. No offense to you guys."

The two shrugged. "I can't believe it's been two weeks since Hans' funeral." Julie said while walking down the hallway.

"He was a good man." Adam said.

"He was, but we can't mourn forever. We must be grateful that we actually met a man so wise and inspiring and motivating and interesting and so much more." I assured. "I know that Hans wouldn't want us to be sad right now. I know for a fact that HE would want YOU guys to beat the warriors' asses at the showdown this Friday."