Showdown

"Don't worry about it, Coach!" I assured my coach as I put on my skates. "It takes like not even five minutes to do my little routine."

"Are you sure you will be back for the award ceremony?" Coach Tremblay asked. "You know showing up late to it can ruin your image."

"Coach, I was suspended for two years for "vandalism", I think my image is ruined enough." I quoted.

"Exactly, so we are trying to have society forget that image and focus on the new one."

"Oh Jennifer!" I say wrapping my arm around her shoulder. "You worry way too much." I tapped her nose. She gave me an awkward look.

"Don't call me, Jennifer. Don't bop my nose." She glared at me.

I took my arm off of her and pressed my lips together.

"Skating first is, Bridget Nixon!" The announcer said.

"I didn't even get in any practice!" I panicked.

"You said you wanted to go first." Coach Tremblay put her hands up in defense.

I sighed loudly. "Wish me luck."

"Oh honey I always do." She crossed her arms.

I skated onto the ice. Lights were on me and I waited once again for the music to start. I tried to not be too confident because I didn't want to get too cocky and loose control.

Music started to play and I began my routine. I started out with the typical spins and turns that I usually did. Eventually, I started getting into my jumps.

"Do you see, Bridget, anywhere?" Rick asked Cole while looking up into the stands.

"If she did, it would definitely not be for you." Cole responded.

I landed a loop jump. Then another loop jump. Almost missed my Salchow Jump but I managed to make it look natural. I was doing pretty good I must admit, however I was starting to get anxious and nervous about going to the JV-Varsity show down. I didn't want to miss it.

The game at Eden Hall already started while I was still skating on the ice at my competition.

"This is for Hans." Charlie said to the team.

The team got into their positions.

"Your gonna wish like hell you stuck with us!" Rick snapped at Adam.

"Save the trash talk." Adam retorted.

The ref dropped the puck and immediately, Rick took it and went straight for the goal. Rick shot it but Julie saved it. The warriors shot again but Goldberg did a fantastic toe save.

"Why'd you come back?" Rick asked Charlie.

"Unfinished business." Charlie responded.

"We will finish it for you?" Rick smirked. The ref dropped the puck and Rick attempted to plow Conway, but Charlie seemed to be stronger.

I continued my routine. It was way longer than I remember. Luck be a Lady by Fresno Sinatra was like five minutes long. Whose idea was that? Oh wait, my lovely coach, Jennifer's. I'm telling you, she has a love for Sinatra.

Finally, the song ended and I stayed in my pose. Anxiously, I glanced at my coach as the crowd cheered. After a few moments of cheering, I gracefully glided of the ice then rush towards the locker room.

"Okay, you stay here so it seems like i'm still present." I instructed as I rushed to take my skates off.

"Okay okay! Be back by the placements."