Coach Smirnoff

Mrs. Bridgerton was part of the figure skating association in the district. She was very high in her place and everyone kissed her ass. Other than that, she was a normal, strict, high school teacher.

During first period, I had to run to her class to have her copy a worksheet for my teacher, Mr. Markle.

I peered into the class and noticed that they were working on a test. I slowly walked in and to the front of the class.

"Mrs. Nixon." Mrs. Bridgerton said sternly. "What are you doing here?"

I grinned at her. "Oh umm, Mr. Markle needed more copies of this." And I handed her the worksheet.

Mrs. Bridgerton had a copier in her room and Mr. Markle always liked going to her class to make copies because the copy room is literally on the other side of the school.

While watching the teacher make copies, I stood there procrastinating to ask her a question. Then, I stopped procrastinating and made my awkward ass ask it.

"Can I skate yet?"

Mrs. Bridgerton didn't say anything.

"I mean, I saw that tryouts were coming up. I was just wondering if I could join the team."

She kept quiet. I laughed awkwardly. "Stupid question."

"That's if you make the team." She said handing me the papers.

"If i make the team?" I ask. "So, I can try out again."

Mrs. Bridgerton nodded. A huge smile grew upon my face. I began to laugh in excitement and skipped backwards toward the door.

"Yes! YES!" I shouted. "Oh this is gonna be amazing! Holy hell this is incredible."

In embarrassment, i stopped cheering and looked at all the freshman staring at me.

"Sorry." I giggled then ran out of the room.

Skipping down the hallway cheering, I felt eyes on me so I immediately stopped I spun around and saw Rick Riley at the end of the hall. He was covered in big bites but I just shrugged it off.

"What the hell are you so excited about, babe?" He chuckled. For some reason, I sprinted down the hallway and hugged him so tight. "They are letting me skate again!" I muffled into his chest.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, Rick! Will you come to try-outs? They are Friday."

"Of course." Rick responded. Of course, It was bullshit. I knew the second it was bullshit when I turned down the other corridor.

Here is something you probably don't know, yet. Rick is a manipulative liar. He will build you up just to make your building fall all over again like a game of Jenga.

Rick never once came to one of my debate competitions, outside golf tournament, or even musicals. Now if he ever did come, it was never for me. It was always so he could check out the prettier girls. The girls he knew for a fact that I was always insecure about. Of course when I stood up to him about it, it always ended in a fight.

The reason why I never left was because I thought he would go back to being nice again. But of course, it never did. To be fair, I did love the popularity it has given me. But deep down I knew I had to break up with him soon before he pulls out my bricks. Now, that is something I will never admit to. Mainly because anyone who is close to me, other than my family, knows how bad he treats me. But me being the stubborn son of a bitch I am, I never wanted to break up with him. I just wanted to prove to those people that he isn't so bad.