Stupid Engagement Ring

My dad took me home in which we met up with Bianca, her crusty child, and somehow Skeeter. "I want you to dress nice for dinner tonight. We are going out." My dad ordered.

I took a quick shower, dried my hair, did my makeup (i did not cake it on like Bianca does), then I put on a simple blue dress because it's easy to get around my cast.

Car ride sucked ass. Biancas crusty child was being a snob and made me sit in the middle. Like what the fuck. Your the smallest, why am I in the middle. Plus, I'm a fucking cripple.

We got to the fancy restaurant called Olives and Peppers. It is my favorite restaurant. Their gnocchi is literally so fire.

"Why are you here, Skeet?" I asked my older brother.

"Dad told me to. I don't know why but it's free food so." Skeeter shrugged.

We all sat down at a table in the corner of the restaurant and all ordered our drinks. I got lemonade because you can never go wrong with lemonade.

"Dad can I get the gnocchi?" I asked my dad.

"Honey, you don't have to ask." My dad replied.

"Gnocchi?" Bianca snickered. "That's a lot of carbs, don't you think?"

I peeped over my menu and subtly glared at her. I leaned over to my brother. "Did you just hear what she just said?"

My brother nodded in response.

"I guess." I responded to Bianca.

"Yeah, you guess. Maybe go with a salad. It's healthier." She said.

The waiter dropped off some bread at the table. Skeeter then suddenly became uncomfortable. I could tell by his instant change in body language.

"Bridget, Bridget." He whispered to me while the adults were talking. He leaned over to me and I leaned over to him. He used him menu to cover out faces.

"Dad is gonna propose!" Skeeter whispered harshly.

"What?"

"Dad, is gonna propose!"

"Tonight? Like now?"

"I don't know when but yes tonight! I saw him checking the ring in his pocket!"

"You can't be serious!"

"Dead serious."

"Please don't fuck with me Skeeter! I'm gonna cry-."

"Are you guys ready to order?" Skeeter and I quickly adjusted yourselves and sat up straight.

"I'll get the chicken salad!" I smiled.

"I'll get whatever she's getting!" Skeeter told the waiter. Skeeter never gets a salad. That's how I knew he wasn't lying about the proposal. He was totally out of it.

Once everyone ordered Skeeter leaned back to me. "We need to get that ring."

"How? It's already in his pocket." I asked.