Im so lonesome I could cry

"Rick took me to the lake this weekend. We then had a picnic. It was so romantic!" Kristin bragged to all her friends in front of me.

We had chemistry together. She sat at the table in front of me.

"Bridget, has Rick ever taken you to the lake house?" She spun around with a stupid smirk on her face.

I just glared at her. "Yeah, actually. Many times." I say, not changing my cold tone.

"How about a picnic? A picnic on the dock?"

I don't respond. She is only trying to get under my skin.

"No? Yeah, I wouldn't want to either." She snickered.

I adjust my posture. "What do you want from me, Kris? You already won. I get it, your better than me at everything." I snap.

Kristin Scootches her seat closer to my lab table.

"Are you going to Nationals?" She folds her arms on the desk.

"I can't."

"Why not? Your the great Bidget Nixon." She mocks.

I glare at her.

Then her face softened as if she just regretted what she had just said. Kristin swallowed and fixed her posture.

"I'm serious. Tremblay usually gets what she wants. She could probably get you in."

"Just shut up." I snap and got back to work.

In the corner of my eye, I saw Kristin attempt to respond but nothing came out. She slowly shifted back to what she was doing.

After class, Rick found me in the hallway alone by my locker.

"Heh, I see your back from suspension." I scoff without even making any eye contact. I couldn't bare to face him.

"Bridget, I-I just want to apologize-."

"No you don't." I turn to him. "Your just happy that i'm done with Banks, right. That now I have more time to focus on you?"

Rick held back a smirk. "Bridget, I really don't like your attitude-."

"My attitude?" I bark. "Rick, for all I ask just give me space. You have Kristin to fuck, so stop bothering me for the love of god." I slam my locker and started walking.

"Bridget, I love you."

"Oh my god!" I groan as I spun around to face him.

"Rick! Just get over it! It's not that hard! Move on! Meet new People!" I yelled. "I don't want to see you in my life again. In fact, I don't want to see anyone else ever again. Dear god, I wish I could just be alone with myself for once in my life!"

I march my way outside into the court yard instead of lunch without letting Rick Riley respond to my call.

I settled at a small pond and sat down. I wasn't sad or angry. Just really really frustrated. All I wished for was for everyone to be gone, to be left alone to rot. Damn, rotting would feel so nice.

My head reached the bug infested grass and looked up to the sun which probably isn't good for my eyesight.

"Bridget?" A voice above me said.

"Hi Linda." I mumble in defeat.

She sat down next to me. "You look rough. Do you want me to buy you some water? Ice cream even?"

"Will I have to pay you back?"

"Umm, depends."

"I'll pass then."