Burnt Out

I sat in the stands with an ice pack on my eye as I looked out to the ice where the Zamboni was smoothing out the ice. I was sitting next to Adam while Tremblay, Tiffany, and Julie were out in the hallway talking to some people about what had just went down.

We both sat there in silence when Kristin walked over to us. Adam stood up but by the look of Kristin's face I could tell she wanted to talk sincerely.

I motioned for him to back off.

"Can we talk?" She offered.

"I think we should." I looked back out to the ice. "Adam can you leave us?"

Hesitantly, he nodded and left. Kristin gently sat next to me. She had tissues stuffed up her nose for what seemed to be a bloody nose considering that it was stained red and her nose was bruised.

"At least I have an excuse to get a nose job now." She giggled trying to lighten the mood.

She glanced at me who didn't even react. Not even glancing back at her for a second. She sighed in defeat and looked at her feet for a moment.

"Bridget, It's just that I had been looking forward to this moment my whole life. I-I just couldn't hold in my anger for you any longer."

I furrow my eyebrows and look at her with my mouth slightly parted. How could she say such shit when she had done things so much worse to me?

"And your mad at me?" I scoff.

"Well yeah. You could've ruined my entire career!"

"You ruined mine first." I glare. "In fact, you did PHYSICAL damage to my body. Like jacking my skates to break my ankle. You framed me for vandalism that got me suspended. You gave me a reputation that completely ruins my chances of any success for me to have."

She looked down. "But you said you wouldn't tell."

"And I didn't. I kept your little secret." I growl. "I don't want to hear you complain because even though you deserved it, it's not my fault you got disqualified."

"My nose is literally bleeding. My nose is literally BROKEN!"

"What a shame." I say senselessly.

Kristen looked down again.

"Bridget, I am so sorry."

I didn't respond to her.

"I am truly sorry about everything. It's just, when we were younger you were so good at everything. You don't understand how much I wanted to be better." She cried a little. "The popularity you had, the friends, the support system, everything. I was so jealous that my satisfaction just fed off of your losses."

I scoffed and shook my head.

"None of that makes me wanna forgive you though." I glare at her boringly. "Your guilt tripping won't fucking work. You destroyed my career too much for me to give you any stupid ass brownie points."

She was quiet for a moment.

"I deserve it."

"You do."

She looked at me and exhaled sharply.

"So it's pretty much even then." She stood up.

"Yep, that seems about right." I look at her.

"No more war?" She says. "We don't have to forgive each other but I wanna at least end this shit on the same page."

I thought for a moment before standing up.

"Then let's do it. I won't forget the past of course. But I will definitely move on from it. Just as long as you do too."

"I agree. Therefore it's a deal?" Kristen held out her hand.