Bloods and Allies

Rick, Cole, and Scooter were hanging out that night after my competition.

"I swear Bridget is a mind reader. She just knows." Scooter said.

"Yeah, like you gotta do something about that. She knows you like other girls, why can't you just drop her already?" Cole asked

"Guys, you know I can't do that." Rick responded. "I Don't know why you guys have so much stuff against her."

"She's a nerd, Rick. She was part of the robotics team, the debate team. She even did theatre for a little bit." Cole said.

"Yeah, plus what if she is cheating on you. She is clearly not into you so she definitely has already tried moving in on someone else." Scott said.

"What the hell does that even mean?" Rick snickered

Scooter and Cole exchanged glances and sighed. "We would've told you before but, we just never knew when a good time would be." Scott said as he showed Rick a picture of Adam and I.

"Banksie?" Rick said. "What the hell is he doing with her?" He snickered.

Both of the boys shrugged. "Look at her smile and her eyes. Her eyes are way brighter-."

"And her smile is just bigger than you dick!" Cole laughed. Rick punched him in the arm.

"When has she ever given you a smile like that?" Scott asked.

"This isn't a prank, right?"

"Nope. That was at some guys funeral. I guess the dude knew both of them." Scooter said.

"What the hell is that freshman even doing talking to my girlfriend?" Rick grunted.

Cole and Scott shrugged.

Rick scoffed in disgust. "We don't really need, Banks, right?" Cole said.

Cole and Scooter looked at each other. Rick looked at them. "Let's talk to this boy." Rick said.

The next morning before school, Rick and his boys greeted Adam at his dorm room. Rick, Cole, Scooter all leaned against the wall at his door.

Adam opened his door and looked up. He was startled at first because he didn't expect to see the seniors standing there.

"Why aren't you guys at the rink yet?" Adam asked suspiciously.

"We wanted to talk to you in the way there." Rick said swinging his arm around Adams shoulder.

The four boys began to walk down the hall.

"I've noticed that you've been talking to my girlfriend, hmm." Rick acknowledged.

"I talked to her once at a funeral. I wouldn't necessarily call it talking." Adam responded bluntly.

"Look Banks," Rick snapped while pushing Adam against the wall. "You watch what you say to me. Keep her laughing and I shove a hockey puck down to fucking throat, alright?"

Adam glared at him, confusedly. "Jealous much." Banks mumbled once Rick got off of him.

Back in my dorm, I was getting ready for school when I saw Tiffany walk in. I turned my head then back to my bag.

"Haven't seen you in a while." I say frustratedly while sorting my computer chips for robotics.

"I've been around. I've just been busy with figure skating that's all." Tiffany said. "It's really nice being on the team. You know, Kristin isn't so bad."

I didn't say anything. "I must admit she got so much nicer over the years. She invited me to her birthday party this weekend. I'm so excited!"

I scoffed quietly. Tiffany sat on her bed. "What's wrong? You seem off."