Lost Myself

My first competition was today. I invited Rick like I always did but did he actually come? Probably not.

My mom took me to the rink and I met up with Coach Tremblay. We walked into the locker room and saw a lot of other girls getting ready. That's when I saw Coach Smirnoff and her 7 Skaters.

Rory Jelovich, Lacey Kawloski, Emma Ambrosia, The Williamson Sisters, my friend Tiffany, and My least favorite. Kristin Bandli.

As I was getting ready, I was overhearing Coach Smirnoff.

"The twins, Emma and Lacey, and Rory and Tiffany. All you are Duos. Go to rink four. Get practice.

The 6 girls ran out with their skates, leaving Coach Smirnoff and Kristin.

"You are best skater on team. Don't mess it up for us." Coach Smirnoff said to Kristin. "Don't let Nixon win. We practiced your flips for reason."

"You have nothing to worry about, coach. I'll meet you at the rink."

Kristin then got up from the bench and started walking my way. I walked farther behind the lockers and started to put on my skates.

"Nixon!" She called out happily. "Good luck to you!" She said. I glared at her.

"I get it, your a little rusty. But you will do just fine." She said. "You know, someone has to come last."

I gritted my teeth and stood up. Before I could do anything, Coach Tremblay came up behind me. Kristin snickered and walked away.

"You can't be starting fights, Bridget." Tremblay scolded. "You just got back from a. suspension. You don't want to get suspended again. Get ready. You have an hour."

I sighed and put my skate covers on and walked to the mirror to get my makeup done. I had already put my outfit on before on got here.

I wore a blue long sleeve shirt dress with glitter coming from my right shoulder down and across my waste. It definitely wasn't one of my favorite outfits because I don't really like glitter that much but it was whatever.

I slowly put on my makeup at the announcements for other skaters went off. I wore blue eyeshadow with black eyeliner.

Lowkey, I hated having to put on all this makeup but if it gets me extra points im totally fine with it. Usually the day after a competition, my face is usually in a rash. My family thinks i may be allergic to some type of chemical that's in makeup but it's really not too big of a deal because it goes away in a day.

When I finished my makeup, I looked in the mirror and reflected on my choreography. Since I was just getting back into the swing of things, Coach Tremblay didn't want me to over do it and fall or something.

"Kristi Bandli, 16, Skater from Eden Hall Academy. She has won the past two championships and was already given offers to join the Olympics." The lady on the Announcements said. "She stated in an interview with CNN that she wants to finish high school before Joining any big teams."

We still had time to practice on the ice and the announcer was just talking about each individual skater. I walked out whiling picking the skin from around my nails.

"Get some jumps in while you practice." Tremblay told me. "It will get the judges excited."

I nodded and handed her my skate covers. I glided onto the ice and practiced my routine a little bit like everyone else. Catching my breath, I looked up and saw my mom talking to the other parents. I looked around for my dad and found him on the other side. It's so weird not seeing my parents together in the stands anymore.