New Roster

"Look, there's the new roster!" One of the girls said once the coach hung it up on the bulletin board.

Girls gathered around. Some cheered some cried. I patiently waited my turn, knowing deep down I made the team. I changed my skates to my vans.

"Best thing about axels is that no coach could ever so no to it." I stated cockily.

"Better check the roster, Nixon." Kristin Snickered. I rolled my eyes.

I got up and approached the board. reading the roster, I dropped my skates in shock. "I'm not even posted." I gasped. "That has to be wrong." I continued to reread the list.

"Just move on, Bridget. She clearly didn't want your cocky ass on the team." Kristin scoffed. "She probably wanted someone who doesn't get suspended from skating."

I spun around to face her. Some of the girls giggled quietly. I swiftly grabbed my bag and stormed out of the locker room.

"Coach Smirnoff?" I called out rushing towards the Russian lady. "It seems that there is a mistake on the roster. Y-you don't have me posted." My voice quivered.

"No, I don't make mistakes." She said looking at her notepad. I looked out into the distance and saw the hockey team come out of the locker rooms.

I felt embarrassed that I showed my excitement to Rick only for me not to even make the team.

"Are you sure? I worked really hard on that Axel."

"I'm sure you did. However, I don't take losers for players."

My heart dropped to my toes. "Loser? How am I a loser?"

"Two year suspension from skating for vandalism to opponents ice skates." She glared at me. "You see, I don't believe that is worth putting on team."

"But that wasn't me. It was a misunderstanding. I'm also back now, I did an Axel-."

"Axels mean nothing to me." She retorted. "I want trustworthy skaters, not losers."

My mouth fell slightly open. "And last time I check you have academic scholarship, not athletic." She reminded me. "Maybe stick to studies." She then marched passed me.

The lady left me speechless. I was frozen in time. I scoffed and marched out of the rink.

"Bridget, did you make the team?" Mrs. Bridgerton asked.

"No, she doesn't trust me."

Mrs. Bridgerton began to laugh. "I wouldn't either! Hahahaha!" I glared at her. "Hahaha." I mocked.

"Have a good one sweetheart." And she just walked away. What the hell?

"So what are you gonna do? You can finally compete but you didn't make the team." Tiffany asked as we walked down the hall.

"Does Coach Tremblay still coach?" I asked.

We rushed to the phone in the hallway and shoved in a quarter. Tiffany grabbed the phone book and tried to search for her number.

"Cmon Tiffany! What's her number?" I said putting the phone to my ear.

"I'm trying to find it!" She retorted. I shoved another quarter in because I didn't want to loose any time. "Better hurry up or i'll be out of quarters."