Potentially

I thought my pain would go away over night. I even slept with an ice pack on my ankle. I saw that Tiffany was in the hallway talking to our neighbors so I slowly pushed my self up. The throbbing pain spiked throughout my ankle and foot.

Slowly, I took off my sock with my bedsheets covering the view so Tiffany wouldn't see. Worrying her or anybody was the last thing I wanted to do. I was so close to the top that I didn't want i loose my progress by taking a small break.

I lifted my bedsheets a little bit so the sunlight could hit my ankle. What I saw didn't seem to look very good. It was bruising. Small swelling. Throbbing pain. That's it, it's broken.

"Holy shit!" I whispered.

"What's wrong?" Tiffany asked.

I pushed my covers down. "Nothing! I just slept on my neck wrong."

"Oh, well Mel and I are gonna get breakfast. You coming?"

"No no. You go." I say. "I-I have stuff to do this morning."

"Oh, well okay." Tiffany then walked out and left me alone in the room.

I winced in pain as I slowly got up from my bed. To lesson the pain, I shifted all my weight onto my left leg and hopped over to my drawers to change.

I made sure to put on extra fluffy socks and leggings so if my ankle began to swell even more, no one would notice it.

In the hallway, I practiced walking normally even though it hurt like a bitch. Constantly, I winced in pain but I knew I had to stop doing that or else people would call me out.

I took a deep breath, stood up straight, and began to walk around the corner.

I met up with Julie who was with Connie by her locker. "Did you and Linda ever finish that robot thing?" Julie asked.

"Yeah we did, we are racing them 7th period." I informed Julie and Connie

"Aww, I wanna watch but I have to makeup a test during 7th period." Connie groaned.

"Sucks to suck." Julie joked.

The bell rang and I tried to make my way to my class. "Hey, are you okay?" Tiffany ran up to me. I spun around.

"Yeah why?"

"You were just limping. What happened?"

I looked down. "Oh, I just feel while skating last night. It's so big deal. It should be fine later today." I shrugged it off.

Later that day, my mom picked me up and she took me to Hans Sport Shop. As sad as it was to think about, I forgot that Hans died. When I got to the shop and ran into the skates section, instead of seeing the kind old man, it was just a normal dude. Everyday felt like Hans was still with us. Everytime I touched the ice, it felt like he was there.

"Hi, I just need new blades." I told the man while handing him my skates. The man nodded and walked away with my skates.

"How was your robot race today?" My mom asked.

"Ours won." I replied. "It was the fastes and the best functioning."

"You should tell you father. He would be very proud." My mom said. "You can probably tell him when you go over this Friday and inform him about your situation with Rick."

I spun around. "What? No i'm staying with you."

"You can't stay with me forever. Plus, I have a job interview in New York Friday so I won't be home till Saturday."

"Fine, I'll just stay at the school."

"Honey, Rick isn't the only thing you should talk to your father about. You should probably talk to him about Bianca too." My mom said softly.