Hard Knock Life

It was around midnight. I looked up at the ceiling of my new room. I haven't been in the mood lately to organize the room. It was a mess. A boring mess.

Was I wrong for walking away? Adam liking me was something I was even expecting. From his soft hair to his tall body, the boy was totally out of my league. Adam was sweet, kind, caring, funny. He was the golden boy. One of the best hockey players at Eden Hall.

He is so sweet that he dropped Varsity just to be a duck. That boy could never leave the ones he cares about. The problem with that is that if he cared for me so much, he would choose me over wonderful opportunities. As successful as he is, I didn't want to be in the way of his achievements. It'd be terrible of me to weigh him down.

I can't love Adam Banks. He's too good for me. Oh for fucks sake, all i could think of was his smile, his button nose, and the fact that he never left my side until Rick started to get in the way. Damn Rick.

Involuntarily, I started to cry. I never cry. I don't cry. I can't cry. No, i'm not a cryer.

"I'm such a pussy." I croaked as I began to sob in my bed. Slowly, I sat up and looked out the window.

I'm the reason Adam is in this situation. If I just stayed with Rick none of this would've happened. Everything Adam had is on the line because of me. Why would he do that?

As the time at night went on, I found myself being woken up by the sound of someone barging through my door.

"Hey Cinderella, it's the hard knock life." Bianca spat as she threw cleaning supplies onto the floor. I rubbed my eyes and noticed it was daylight.

"Your father is away at work, Teagan is at a friends house, so it's just you and me, Sister." She clicked her tongue.

I and covered my face with a pillow and groaned.

"I want this house spotless by the time you father comes home around 3. Bathrooms must absolutely shine, kitchen must sparkle, You know what to do." She said. "If anything isn't perfectly cleaned, you won't hear the end of it!"

"Wow, good for me. I'm absolutely terrified." I moaned sarcastically. 

"Get up!" In an instant, Bianca pulled me out of bed.

"I'll be getting my hair done. If nothing is done by the time I get back, i'll be sure to get some arrangements to ship you to Switzerland."

"It's better than seeing your mid life crisis plastic ass face that my father paid for." I snickered.

Bianca scoffed and stomped down the stairs.

I looked to the only poster on my wall of Nancy Kerrigan. "Let me guess, this is the part where I start singing Annie, right." I say to the poster. After an expected no response I scoffed, rolled my eyes, and picked up the stupid cleaning supplies.

"Cinderella my asshole." I mumbled as I walk out.

I plopped myself on the couch as I held onto the mop and bucket filled with cleaning supplies. Tiredly, I stared at nothing.

"I want to drown Bianca." I whisper. Just then, I loud knock came from the front door.

I don't know who I expected but it wasn't them.

"Hi Julie." I say. "What are you doing here?"

"I know Adam needs cheering up and I know that you need cheering up so come with me."

"What? No, i'm not talking to Adam. I made that very clear last night when I was over there."

"Yeah, and are you happy about the decision. Because if you are, I won't make you come with me."