Kageyama Route:|Ch.2

"We want you to be a part of the team."

"Aren't I coaching you already?" Akari crossed her arms, glaring at the trio who had barged into her classroom.

Asahi, Suga and Daichi all stood in front of her desk awkwardly, after having caused a big scene by throwing scrunched balls of paper through the windows. The only thing that had broken Akari out of her reverie and made her notice the weirdos was the screams and squeals.

The teacher of the class had let the class be dismissed five minutes earlier just so Akari could talk to the trio. It had been embarrassing, to say the least.

"Yes but well, tensions have been high recently because everything was jealous that you would be leaving us because you're you and we need you and we just really don't want you to leave, even though you say you aren't because we've all been very horrible lately and we really just want to apologise and-"

"Suga! You're babbling!"

"No no, please. Tell me more about how much you love me. No one does it enough," Akari sighed dramatically, wiping a non-existent tear from her eye.

"We want you to be a player on the team. Actually, play with the rest of the team for the Cup and then you can decide later if you want to officially stay as a member."

"This is very out of the blue, are you even sure if it's allowed?"

"We've checked with the school, your grandfather, your brother and even the Small Giant. They all said it was okay."

"Mm, you might want to check with Kageyama and everyone else first.  I don't think 'they want me around anymore'," and with that Akari left the classroom.

"That went well."

Both Suga and Daichi smacked Asahi on the head as they stared after Akari.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"100 MORE!"

"Again?!" Tanaka growled.

Akari glared at him and he simmered down. 

Akari had expected either Yachi, Kiyoko or Takeda to call her out on making the boys work extra hard but none of them did. They all seemed to think they deserved it. Which they did. 

Akari had already forgiven them but she had to make them work for it. She did not take Kageyama's words to heart as he had been in the same situation and she understood why he felt the way he did. 

But again, they deserved to work for it. 

"Akari. Can I speak to you for a minute?"

"If I say no? There isn't much point asking then, is there?"

Kageyama stood there awkwardly, staring at the ball in his hand.

"Fine. TAKE FIVE! I'll be back," Akari followed Kageyama outside.

"What is it?"

"I wanted to...apologise for the other day."

Akari said nothing because she was too busy thinking about how it wasn't really the other day but the other week. But anyways.

"Look, I'm not really good at expressing my feelings and when I do, they come out in an aggressive insulting way. I didn't mean anything I said back then. You should know this right?"

"Mm."

"And I really hope this hasn't created a rift in our relationshi- friendshi- whatever this is. I ask that you formally forgive me and the rest of the group," Akari stared at Kageyama's 90-degree bow.