Ch.12:| the one where she remembers her past

This chapter has trigger warnings of anxiety and panic attacks so please skip if it may affect in you in any way. If you are affected by either of these things please talk to someone or me- I'm free to talk. You can find a lot of online help on websites like youngminds.org.uk so please do check them out if you are worried about anything. Stay safe x. 

Takeda sensei had mentioned to Akari that this was a very important practice for the boys so she needed to work them extra hard. So she did. She made them do everything she could think of from laps to weights, to volleyball sets to workouts. They were determined and had managed to stay strong for 3 hours before they were all laying on different equipment.

Asahi looked like he was going to cry, bless him.

"Okay, you guys can take a break. I'll go and bring some treats."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

God, the 'treat' she had brought back was even heavier than the last time she had dragged him around. Her brother leaned against her as she held his waist keeping him upright.

Akari made him hold the snacks and drinks she had brought. She couldn't blame Keishin though. He had been home for over 2 months now, what was he supposed to do? It made sense that he would gain weight whilst he stayed home and bored. (hits too close to home right now)

They struggled down to the basement and managed to drop all the water bottles which rolled the stairs, thudding as they went.

"Is everything okay, Akari-chan?" Kiyoko's voice said.

"Just fine. Actually, would someone be kind enough to come out and help?"

Akari was not shocked when every single one of them came to the bottoms steps. The boys all visibly brightened. "Missed me, did you?"

"COACH!" Hinata ran up the stairs and knocked into the pair. Keishin's weight toppled forward and Akari panicked. They were falling. Akari couldn't imagine the pain her brother would be in if he were to fall again so she moved in front of him as they rolled down the stairs. "I got you, onee-san."

Then the rolling stopped and they were on the floor. Akari had broken both Keishin's and Hinata's fall. "O-onee san. Are you okay?" Hinata was on top of Keishin so it must have hurt. She tried to ignore her own throbbing pain. 

"Yeah. Hinata's not heavy." He wheezed out. 

"Guys? Some help please?" 

"Oh right." A weight was lifted off of Akari and she internally groaned. She moved to get up. Keishin looked down at her left leg, the concern obvious. "It's fine." She mouthed. No one needed to know that she could practically feel her foot swelling up. She looked down at her wrist and saw it was limp. Did she just break her hand? No wonder the pain was so intense. Goddamnit. What was she going to do about that? 

"Here." A hand was in front of her face and she looked up at its owner. She took it, "thanks, Kageyama-kun."

He pulled her up, as gently as he could with both hands now. She tried not to limp or make the pain in her wrist obvious. A scene flashed in front of her. Not now. Not here. Not after she'd done her best to forget all about it.  Her eyes pricked with tears, her body and her mind hurt. She closed her eyes and inhaled. 

"Akari-chan?"

Akari opened her eyes. "Well, that might be the best thank you I've received. Next time, remind me not to surprise Hinata." She did her best to smile. The memories were starting to come back but she pushed them down. She ignored the seething pain in her left wrist which was Kageyama was holding. She grimaced and he loosened his hold.