Ch.9:| the one where she meets Johzenji.

"Okay guys, this is your first match against another team with me as your coach. Make me proud? I'm not good-Guys?" Akari looked around confused. They were glaring at her, hard. What had happened now? Now was not the time to be having problems, especially since she wanted the boys to win so they could rub it that pretty boy's face.

Akari looked to Kiyoko for help and just as she walked up to her to explain, Tanaka spoke.

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"What? What didn't I tell you?" 

"Akari-chan. The situation at the hot spring might have slipped out of Yachi-san's mouth this morning and word around the team spreads fast."

"They know?"

"I'm afraid so....."

Akari turned back to the boys. "I didn't tell you because you would act like this. And both of us are safe and unharmed. I handled it well so you do not need to worry about me."

"But we could have helped!" Nishinoya jumped up.

"By hitting him? Firstly, violence is never- oh wait I kneed him in the groin......" Wow, what a great example she was.

"REALLY? That's great then!"

"Anyway, I meant to say. He clearly knew we were going to play this match so you guys getting involved would have made this match very difficult. He doesn't even know I'm the coach. He thought I was just a friend so he probably didn't understand what he was implying in the first place."

"Akari-san. Gomenasai. I didn't mean to tell Hinata or Kageyama."

"It's okay! At least, the boys will be more fired up I guess? But don't get too caught up in your emotions."

"I'll make a pulp out of him," Tanaka said, and for the first time, Daichi almost seemed to agree.

"If you want to do that, win this match and prove your strength to the whole team. There's no point wasting time on someone like that. Now I hope you'll all be on your best behaviours go get changed! CHOP CHOP!"

~~~~~~~~~

Akari waited for the boys to change and was ready to head in to change herself when she saw Asahi walking towards her with a pile of shirts. She raised a brow. Was he planning on changing out here? She laughed at herself.

"Akari-san. These are for you."

"Huh? Why?"

"You said you wanted some."

"You went and bought some for me?!" 

"Well, I didn't know what you would like so I found some old ones for you that I don't wear." He had in fact bought them from the shops this morning even as Daichi had screamed at him to hurry up.

"Really? Thank you! I'll be sure to wear them and pay you back!"

"No! It's a gift for your training and help these last few months. Please, don't think much of it."

Akari hugged him but it became much more awkward as she was a lot shorter than him.

"Oh, sorry. This doesn't really work." 

Asahi, being the ever-so bold and brave warrior bent down to her level and hugged her back.

"You're welcome."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Akari changed into her shorts, Hinata's shoes and one of the new shirts Asahi had given her. Surprisingly, it smelt kind of like him. She had been extremely happy to wear a new shirt. This time she had chosen a black one which she loved. It was slightly more snug than the rest, so it fit nicely around her chest. She preferred when her chest looked non-existent but it made her look more confident and feminine?

Maybe this was the wrong thing to wear when the opposing team's captain was a bit of.....creep?

Oh well. She could get over it. She liked it too much to care what the blondie thought.

~~~~~~~~~~

Akari stepped out and Nishinoya and Tanaka were instantly there.

"Akari-san. We must admit that although we absolutely love your clothing, we don't want Terushima to try and-"

"The last time I saw him, I was wearing a towel and nothing happened so I should be fine. Beat him first. Then you can worry about what I wear"

They nodded eagerly. "We'll beat him so bad, he'll be begging to see you in a towel again!" Nishinoya said, and even Tanaka turned to look him.

"You idiot, that didn't make any sense."

"Yes, it did. Akari in a towel would be something that would make him feel better so he-"

"Explaining it makes you sound even more stupid right now."

Akari watched the two argue back and forth. She was loving it. Nothing could possibly ruin her-

"They're here."

Well, some things were an exception.

The boys' moods instantly darkened as they stared at the door.

"GUYS! RELAX! WE GOT THIS!"

They seemed to relax slightly but then the other team walked in, the 'Terushima' guy walking in front. Anyone would be annoyed by their presence. The slouched and confident way they strode in was enough to tick anyone off.

To make it worse, Terushima's eyes landed on Kiyoko and then on Yachi. He winked at the two of them. Tanaka went to move forward but he braced himself.

Akari had not been expecting what came next.

Terushima's eyes found hers and then continued to roam down her body. She stood straighter and glared.  "Princess, I hadn't expected to see you so soon."

Akari bristled but ignored him. As a coach, she had to bow to the opposing team's coach. As she bowed, Terushima whistled. Daichi stepped forward covering her from Terushima's line of sight as she did her best to ignore him.

God, was this going to be hard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The teams prepared to play and Terushima did nothing to irk anyone but they were already annoyed. Akari normally stood whilst they sat but today they were all standing. She stepped up onto the bench and felt the eyes of Johzenji turn to her. They knew about what happened last Friday too, then.

"Okay! He's being a bit of piece of- I mean. He's going to be like that throughout the whole game. Don't let him get to you and win. Do not let your emotions get to you or it will mess up your play. Remember what we have learnt. If you lose, I'll train you three times as much so win." They seemed to relax at that.

Finally.

~~~~~~~~~

Just before the game began Terushima had to open that little potty mouth of his.

"If you win, I get to take her over there on a date. If you lose, we win, Simple." 

Goddammit. He was really testing them. They had just relaxed and now he either won the match or he got to go on a date with Akari.

"BOYS! THIS IS NOT ABOUT A DATE! WIN! I'll go on a stupid date if I have to. Do not lose or I swear to God, I will make you train for 3 days straight." 

The boys had to win.

"There's a reason for this match! We want to see your improved abilities so don't let me down. I'm trusting in you to win. Forget about the conditions and make us proud!"

Terushima expected them to lose, knowing the temper they carried but they would prove him wrong. Then he would get to go on a date with Akari and she would prove him wrong.

And so the match began.