Ch.8:| the one where she becomes besties with the girls

"Akari-san." Takeda sensei had called Akari to his office for no apparent reason and she wondered if she was going to be removed as coach.

"Yes? Is something wrong?"

"Oh! I'm sorry for making you worry but I would like to know if you will be free on Friday after school."

"Don't we have practice?"

"We do indeed but instead, for all the hard work you and the boys have been putting in, we are going to the hot springs for the day!"

"How long will we be gone for?"

"I actually found a place nearby, so the same period of time as a normal practice would be. Would your grandfather be okay with that?"

"Yeah, I'm sure he'd force me to go if I refused anyway."

"That's great then! See you Friday!"

~~~~~~~~~

Akari walked on her lonesome behind the boys. Sensei had said the new place was only a 20-minute walk so they walked. It was kinda nice just being able to walk with them. Kiyoko and Yachi waited up for her.

"Have you been to a hot spring before, Akari-chan?"

"No, I don't think I have. What about you two?"

"We went to one a few years back with the boys."

"What was it like?"

"It was amazing! Although, I doubt it will be as nice here as it had been in Tokyo but we have you to go with this time!" Yachi couldn't contain her excitement, her blush rose to her cheeks and her eyes glinted with joy

"Ah? What do you mean?"

"It was getting kinda boring with just me and Yachi-san. It's great to have a new edition to the family."

"I'm only here for a few months......"

"I trust that that will not be the case. I believe your fate is tied with this team. The boys have loved having you around and I don't think they're willing to let you go now."

"But I've only known-"

"Oh lookie! Let's go in, we're here!"

~~~~~~~~~~

Akari undressed as she thought back on what the girls had said to her. Could she be part of another volleyball team? Did she want to be part of another one? She couldn't give the boys up or the girls up but she wasn't sure she could be in a team. Not after what had happened.

~~~~~~~~~

Akari was the first in the hot springs so she awkwardly ran into the hot water to give herself some coverage. She sighed as the water warmed her muscles. She was only coaching but that was hard enough. She had so much school work and she was also taking care of the shop. Her grandfather was old and overestimated his abilities so she was always tired. Not to mention, she always trained with the boys to give them motivation. 

Akari did not want to egotistic but she had seen a difference in their motivation when she ran with them and when she didn't. She had felt the same way when her grandfather would do it with her. It showed he was supporting her as she was with the team.

So her body was always grieving for sleep. Her insomnia had gotten worse after she began coaching. At first, her nightmares came back so her sleep was always discomforting but she had found small snippets of a rest. Now they were too much for her mind to face so it refused to turn off in order to avoid the darkness that awaited her in her vulnerable state.