Ch.24:|the one where she coaches them all

Akari went to bed early feeling great about the rest of the week. No more separate lessons with other teams- she would finally get to see her boys again. Hinata, Kageyama, Nishinoya, Suga...

The rest of the week would be great.

Sure she'd had some weird experiences this past weekend, nearly drowning in SHALLOW waters but it was an experience to remember?

Nothing could possibly go wrong now, could it?

~~~~~~~~

The next morning Akari was able to sleep in a bit as they would starting the day later- now that it was pretty much just practice matches teams didn't have to get up so early and would have matches into early evening.

Students who chose to could also practice well into the night without teacher supervision.

However, Akari fitting into the role of coach and student would have to stay up and supervise practice for those who chose to practice after hours. The only after hours practice taking place would be in the hall obviously so at least she could change into sweats and just watch.

Akari was extremely excited to be with her team again, she didn't have long with them and these other teams were draining every ounce of her energy and shortening her lifespan the longer she spent with them.

So Akari dressed in her favourite clothing, besides yesterday's dress. A cropped and pink off-the-shoulder shirt with high-waisted black denim jeans. Then she put on her favourite pair of boots she owned- black studded boots. 

It was comfortable and stylish. For the first time in a while, Akari tied up her hair into a bun and let her grown-out bangs frame her face.

It was the most simple look yet heads still turned as she walked into the hall. As she went, she heard the thunder and rain pattering on the rooftop.

"I had not expected a storm so early into summer. How bad is it?"

"We will all be stuck inside and there's seems to be no stopping it today. It's dark skies till midnight," Asahi whispered to her as she came over to the Karasuno table.

"No wonder they all look sad. We're stuck inside with madness."

"AKARIIIIII! FINALLYYYYYYY!" Nishinoya screeched as he smothered her in a hug. Tanaka joining in also came over and squeezed her till her last breaths.

"C-can't breathe. Whoo thank you. I missed you too, the longest three days of my life."

"Sadly our reunion will be short-lived. It is not much of a reunion when the whole population is pining after you Akari," Daichi said, a playful glare in his eyes.

Sugawara squinted his eyes, "the longest days of your life you said? You mean, most romantic?! I want to know alllll about it."

"I nearly drowned yesterday, surely not the most romantic thing ever..."

"But I heard Kuroo-senpai carried you out the water like a hero and practically saved your life."

"Yes that is true but that is undermined by the fact that he is the reason why my life was endangered in the first place, but no hard feelings right?" Akari smiled coldly.

Tsukishima, who hadn't uttered a word in days to her, spoke, "what is it like to drown? Is it painful or a simple way of dying?"

"TSUKKI! WHATCHA TALKING ABOUT!!!!!! Just shush right there," Sugawara shut him up.

"I shall assume you missed me too, Kageyama since you've barely uttered a word since-" Akari was messing around but Kageyama looked upset. Not only that, he also looked mad with rage- how did one feel both emotions so intensely at the same time?