Ch.17:|the one where she fears the upcoming week

This was meant to be part of chapter 16 as a part 2 but then I decided to separate the two so please excuse the weird title. The titles for chapters are never really specific to the chapter but anyway enjoy x

2 hours later, the food had been prepared and Akari was exhausted. She hadn't slept since yesterday. The hour on the bus had been an energy boost but cooking had drained her.

Kageyama hadn't a clue on how to cut vegetables, Tsukishima had nearly burnt the rice twice and Sugawara hadn't seasoned the miso soup properly. Ennoshita had been helpful but even then, he was only good at listening to simple cooking instructions.

In the end, she had cooked everything herself. 

The teams began flooding in, each and every one of them loud and chaotic. Akari noticed that there was a duo in of the teams- the captains who were overly confident and extremely noisy. Then there were the quiet best friends who were equally as talented but not nearly as overbearing or smug.  But one thing she found interesting was that Karasuno didn't have the captain and best friend duo- they had triplets.

Akari sighed and continued to put the food out. She didn't understand the boys she was coaching, let alone the boys from the other teams.

"Aka-aka!"

Akari turned to see Bokuto marching up to her, with Akaashi just beside him. Looking at the two of them like that.........she shipped it.

"Yes?"

"Are you excited to practice later on?"

"Hm? Oh, I'm sorry but I'm going to have to postpone-"

"No! You can't! We won't get another chance to practice together- I doubt we will even get much time to talk to you!"

"Akari-chan, please do not postpone. Bokuto-san would be very upset if you did." Akaashi looked at her with meaningful eyes.

"Oh, alright." She huffed and walked away. The coaches and teachers were all sitting on one table and the female managers on another table. She could sit at neither as she was a student and not really a manager as such. As she looked around for where to sit she heard a familiar voice-Hinata.

He was yelling at her to sit next to him and Kageyama. She sat between the two and only then did she realise who else was sitting at the table.

Kuroo and Kenma, Oikawa and Iwaizumi, Bokuto and Akaashi and two other boys she didn't recognise. One was obnoxiously tall with greyish hair and the other was as short as the previous guy had been tall with peachy hair. She had to admit he was quite gorgeous. (Yaku fan anyone?)

Akari looked to Kageyama with questioning eyes. 'Why are they sitting here?'

He looked at her in turn. 'Good friends.'

She frowned. 'Why am I here then?'

His gaze was intense. 'Because we asked you to sit here.'

"Is it just me or are the two of them having a conversation using only their eyes?"

"No, I definitely think they're communicating like that."

"How do they understand each other then? Do you think they're aliens?"

"How would I know? Lev, stop being stupid before I smack you."

Akari turned back to the table, unable to convince Kageyama to let her go sit somewhere else. Why did she keep getting involved with the same people? With the exception of the short and tall boy.