Iwaizumi Route:| Ch.4

Iwaizumi made his way into the loud restaurant, full of drunk customers. This was the only restaurant that people treated like a bar and it made sense considering the warm atmosphere and kind owners.

Iwaizumi's eyes darted around the room for a head of black curls. Squinting his eyes, he found her sitting at a corner table, reserved for family and friends, her head lolling to the side. Iwaizumi squinted- was that really Akari?

He walked up to the table, the girls all surrounding Akari who was yelling at the grill in front of them for being too hot when she placed her hand over it. Kiyoko was holding her hand, palm up and cooling it down with a wet towel.

They didn't notice Iwaizumi. 

He knocked on the table with his knuckles.

All four heads turned up to look at him and their glares were almost enough to make Iwaizumi cower. He didn't, of course.

As they registered who it was, their faces all relaxed and they sighed in relief. Except for Akari who raised her eyebrows, confusion apparent on her face. She pointed an angry finger at him, with her non-burnt hand.

"Who are you?"

"Akari-chan. He is your roommate, remember? He's come to take you home?"

"Are you sure? He kinda looks like a model? I don't know any guys that look like that." Akari leaned in towards Yachi and whispered dramatically, not realising that everyone could hear her.

"And, how do I know he's my roommate? What if he wants to kill me?"

".....Akari, he's your boyfriend too! Did you forget?" Iwaizumi choked on the air. Oikawa's cousin winked at him and noted that she was just like CrappyKawa. 

"REALLY? HE'S MY BOYFRIEND? KIWI, ARE YOU SURE?! BECAUSE-LOOK AT HIM!" Her voice got louder and even her expressions became louder.

"Yes. He is. Now he's waiting for you, so off you go dear."

"I still can't believe he's my boyfriend... Are you my boyfriend?"

"Y-yes?"

"Are you sure? Why would you be my boyfriend? Is something wrong with your eyesight?" She waved a hand in his face, as the girls helped her over to him. 

"No. My eyesight is perfectly fine, now let's get you home."

"BYEEEEE GUYS! REMEMBER MEEEE!"

"How could anyone ever forget you?!" A customer shouted from the other end of the room as Iwaizumi tugged her out of the stuffy restaurant.

"Can you walk?"

She nodded and began to walk. Iwaizumi followed close enough to make sure she didn't get lost or somehow manage to fall off the pavement but far enough that she could walk comfortably. The roads were empty save for a few strangers, smoking or quietly talking to each other. 

Iwaizumi noticed a dodgy stranger and quickened his pace up, blocking Akari from his view. The stranger wolf-whistled loudly, the sound ringing in Iwaizumi's ears as his temper rose. He glared at the stranger, placing a gentle hand on the small of Akari's back.

"Akari, I'm going to need you to walk a bit faster."

"My feet are hurting me!"

Before he could offer whatever he was about to, Akari crouched on the floor and Iwaizumi who was beyond confused shielded her backside from anyone's view.

She pulled off her heels and stood back up, "there we go!"

Akari started walking again, limping as she went, shivering every time her foot touched the floor. Iwaizumi stopped and pulled off his own shoes- he was wearing socks and his legs were fully covered so he wouldn't feel too cold.