Ch.11:| the one where she becomes reliable

"Did he hurt you?" Daichi asked as they walked back home after Akari's 'date' with Terushima. Honestly, it hadn't been that bad- in fact she enjoyed herself. Akari couldn't remember the last time she had gone out let alone with a few. If she remembered correctly, this had been her first date.........

"No of course not!"

Nishinoya and Tanaka were fuming for no apparent reason. 

"Ne ne Akari-san. What did you eat?" Hinata asked as he slipped in between the shield that was Nishinoya and Tanaka. They were shielding her from what exactly?

"We went to a cafe and ate one of everything."

"WAIT DOES THAT MEAN YOU SHARED FOOD WITH THAT IDIOT?" Tanaka screeched as broke the wall that was built around her. She didn't really understand why. 

Her only thought was 'Is this what Kiyoko-senpai and Yachi-chan have to deal with? God, I feel sorry for them.'

"I mean, it wasn't really sharing. I had my own fork, he had his own." 

"But sharing food is for couples. You were coerced into going on an 'outing' with him." Nishinoya argued.

"Oy. Calm down the pair of you." Daichi placed his hands on both the boys' shoulders and smiled. They flinched under his touch and paled.

  "Kageyama-kun. If you are ever local, I think you should try out their strawberry milkshake. I think you would like it."

"REALLY?! WHAT DID IT TASTE LIKE? HOW STRONG WAS THE STRAWBERRY? WHAT WAS THE SUGAR TO STRAWBERRY RATIO?"

"Uhhhh.......It tasted like strawberry?"

"Yes, but how much strawberry? How many strawberries do you think was in one serving?"

"I think they make it in batches... When you go, you can find out for yourself."

"I thought you were a genius."

"I apologise for not knowing how many grams of sugar are in a milkshake I had for the first time."

"I don't know if I can find it in my heart to forgive you completely."

"Oh boo hoo." Akari rolled her eyes and a small smile played on her lips.

"Hm."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Akari was exhausted the next morning but still pulled herself out of bed. Yesterday had been much more eventful than she had expected. She didn't know when she had ever done so many things it one day.

Today the boys were going to be practising- It was a Sunday and still they didn't know how to relax. She commended their efforts. They had won Nationals but that wasn't enough for them. These boys were ready to go worldwide. She had been given the honour to coach them for a short amount of time so she would do her best whilst she could.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Akari grumbled the whole way to the school. She was tired. She hadn't eaten. Sundays were meant to be for relaxing and mentally preparing yourself for Monday. No, she couldn't do anything about it now. Yes, she was still going to complain.

She was the last one to arrive. But they were all crowded outside. Daichi had a key so why hadn't they gone inside yet?

That's when Akari realised the doors to the gym were slightly ajar and she could somehow still hear squeaks across the floorboards of the gym. That didn't make any sense.

"Coach Akari. We have a bit of a problem."

"What is it?"

"The gym is occupied for today so we have nowhere to practice."