Ch.13:| the one where she shares her secrets

This chapter contains trigger warnings of abuse and bullying so please skip if this may affect you. If it does, please also talk to someone and don't suffer in silence. There are many online websites to help with this sort of stuff. I tried to keep it as minimal as possible but it could still be triggering so it would be best to skip if it affects you in any way. Stay safe and talk to someone if you are worried. I am also here to talk x.

"Where is Akari-chan?"

"Akari-chan has said she will be taking a few days off as she is not feeling too well. For the three days, she is not here, she has given Kiyoko-san a list of all the tasks she would like you to complete."

Kageyama and Sugawara shared a worried look. Even Coach Takeda was pale with worry but he said nothing of his worry.

"Let's begin!"

The boys looked at each concerned. "Just because our youngest member isn't here for 3 days, doesn't mean we miss practise. She'll be back in no time!" Daichi screamed.

"Wait, Akari-chan is the youngest?" Hinata looked to Kageyama who shrugged.

"Obviously. Even Kageyama is a senpai to her but she still has more authority than the two of you." Tsukishima's eyes rolled so hard, it was possible they had rolled to the back of his head.

"That's also why we all call her Akari chan, cuz she's the cute youngest member." Tanaka chimed.

"BOYS! PRACTICE TIME!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been three days since Akari had gone to school. In that time she had gone to the hospital to get her leg and wrist checked out. Her leg was bruised but because of her previous injury, it would leave some scarring and would be somewhat painful for a while. Her wrist had a small fracture in it and was bruised. She would have to bandage her leg and put a cast on her leg but otherwise, it was okay.

She had also taken some time off to relax her mind. She'd spoken to her brother too which had given her some insight and had significantly helped her decide what she would do.

~~~~~~

"Akari. How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine Keishin-onee."

"You have to talk about these things when they're hurting you. Otherwise, you end up suffering on your own. I'm not forcing you to talk about it but it might help. I think it would be a step forward for you if you told the boys about it."

"I don't know if they would understand."

"Sure they would. Kageyama also had some problems with his old team. There's nothing wrong with being sceptical but sometimes you have to trust people even if it means risking getting hurt. If you're worried about being hurt constantly, you lose any chance of being happy. Who knows, they might surprise you?"

"It's just hard. If I talk about it again, it means I'm acknowledging how much it's affecting me."

"But it is affecting you no? Maybe acknowledging it will let you come to terms with it."

"I know but easier said than done."

"Think about it. Suffering on your own is never the answer." He said as she left the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Akari was dreading the Thursday that she went back. She had decided she would talk to the guys. It hadn't been easy. She had cried multiple times whilst trying to plan how she was going to tell them. Thinking about it was hard enough, saying it out loud was worse.