Kuroo Route:|Ch.3

(This route, so far, has had a lot of time jumps and has been extremely fast so that we can actually see some blooming romance rather than just the two of them avoiding each other.)

"Kuroo?! Suga, go get the door!"

"Why should I?"

"Obviously, I can't. He'll be suspicious if I'm here! What reason would- just go!"

Yaku shoved Sugamama out of the room despite his complaints.

"You ready to tell him?"

"No?"

"Perfect, let's hide your baby bump as much as we can then."

"What about you?"

"I'll just stay in this room unless you decide to tell him, then I'll come out and explain that I'm your caretaker?"

"G-great. A little help?"

Yaku helped Akari put on a large poncho that mostly hid the large bump, it was warm and comfy. It was also really long so it hid Akari's bare legs. Since she had been wearing pyjamas for the better part of her pregnancy.

 It wasn't like she wanted to look presentable for Kuroo- at this point, she didn't even care anymore but it was better to look as 'un-pregnant' as possible even if she was planning on telling him. Though she did deliberate telling him, she was leaning towards completely avoiding it altogether.

"Ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be," Akari swung the door open just as Yaku rolled under the bed, his small limbs disappearing.

"Akari," Kuroo's eyes widened as they lay upon Akari. As he looked her up and down, Akari wondered if she had actually been stupid enough to hide the fact that she was pregnant.

Kuroo stepped over the threshold and Akari took a step back.

"You're pregnant?"

There went her chance of secrecy. This was all happening a lot faster than she had expected, had even wanted but this was clearly a sign that it was time to come clean.

"Why don't we go sit down first?" 

Kuroo visibly gulped, he looked almost afraid. How would he react if she said yes to him? It scared her to think that there was something that made Kuroo scared too. 

She really couldn't tell him. 

Akari took deep and slow breaths, as she took baby steps over to her couch. She tried her best not to look like she was struggling but considering she was due in less than two months, it was difficult. Especially since she was breaking a sweat just walking from her room to the couch.

She felt a cool hand on the small of her back.

"It's okay, you're okay."

Akari felt slightly relieved that Kuroo didn't look nearly as terrified as he had before but he would definitely lose all composure once she told him.

No. He has every right to know, even if he doesn't want the baby- I do. But it is not fair that he does not know. It might scare him away but it does not matter. At least I will have completed my responsibility to him.

Akari slumped onto the couch, grateful for the back support. Taking a few deep breaths, she prepared herself. 

On the count of three.

One-

"Kuroo, I'm pregnant and you're the father."

...Oh god. She'd said it. She'd barely even counted to one and had blurted it out.