Ch.6:| the one where she makes friends with them

Akari wanted to cry. She was meant to be their coach but how would they take her seriously now that they had seen her asleep after playing a volleyball game. She was completely sure Keishin had never acted like this around them. But this was her fault for thinking she could take on coaching a team when she was younger than every member on the team.

Not only had she made a bad first impression but she seemed to do so continuously. WHY WAS SHE LIKE THIS?!!!!!

~~~~~~~~

Akari avoided the team members as much as she could. She could pretend they weren't there no matter how close they were in proximity. She spent the day, practically hiding from the members and she was dreading what was to come.

Practice. Today would be the fourth time she would be coaching the boys and she didn't know how she was going to handle this all. It was unlikely that they would forget and it was more likely that they would refuse to let her coach them.

"Let's get this over with then."

Dragging her feet silently, she made her way to the gym to face her doom. Just thinking about it made her want to crawl under her bed. She heard sneakers against the gym floor. 1...2....No. she couldn't do it. She jumped up as she heard footsteps nearing the doors and hid.

"I'm not ready. I'd rather just sit out here in the heat and burn." Akari whispered to herself, careful not to bring any unwanted attention to herself.

"Coach? What are you doing?"

Akari jumped so fast, Daichi didn't even have time to react. This was probably the first time she had heard Daichi call her coach, it was heartwarming but she couldn't ignore the situation she was in.

"Ah......Daichi-senpai... I was just gazing at the scenery."

"You mean the bushes you are currently crouched beside."

"Exactly. Look at how stunning the greens on this leaf are."

"It looks exactly the same to me. Anyway, the team wants to talk to you so please do come inside."

"I'll be there any second now."

Daichi watched her as she rose, painfully slow. Akari took the smallest steps towards him and she took her time walking towards the gym. Just when Daichi turned away and began walking, Akari turned to flee. She felt a hand tighten around the collar of her shirt and pull her off her feet.

"Akari-san. Please do not make me drag you inside."

"Am I not the coach here?"

"Am I not the senpai?" He let go of her and Akari stood frozen in the same position. She refused to go inside like the stubborn child she was. 

"Please excuse me for this." Akari was going to ask him what he meant but before she had the chance to, he was pushing her inside the gym. She tried to press her weight down but it was no use. She was doomed. 

The guys all turned to the door to see what the fuss was about. Instead, they saw Daichi pushing an exasperated Akari into the gym. 

"Now my job is done." Daichi smiled at himself, like a proud father. Although Akari was coach, Daichi was captain. He would be Akari's dad if he needed to be.

"Ne, ne. Akari-san."

"Yes......"

"Are you okay? How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine. How is everyone's condition today?"

"The match we played yesterday was intense but we are ready to go for you to coach us."

She whipped her head from one member to another, to see them all waiting for her to give them instructions. When she turned to Daichi, he shrugged and smiled like he'd known what she was worried about all along and was now saying, "see, nothing's changed."

"But yesterday-"

"Yesterday was enough for us to want you to coach us. You have extremely amazing skills that we could all benefit from and whatever happened afterwards showed us how hardworking you are so you need not worry too much. It's not good for youngens like you to worry too much." Sugawara gave her thumbs up.

"WE ARE VERY SORRY FOR DOUBTING YOU." The boys bowed in sync and yelled so loud, Akari flinched as she backed away from the intense sound waves they were producing.

"Well, I am very embarrassed about what happened yesterday so let's just forget- oh wait before I forget. Asahi-senpai. Nishinoya-senpai. Hinata-san. Your clothing."

"You can keep the shirt, Akari-san. It looks better on you anyway."

"I'll treasure these shorts forever, thank you for wearing them Akari-san!"

"My shoes are too small for me so you can keep them. It would be a waste to throw them away."

She nodded and went to change. Clearly, they had been expecting her to wear Asahi's shirt and Hinata's shorts so she did. However, it was already extremely hot today so she wore some shorts instead of her usual leggings. The shirt was so big it made her look like she wasn't wearing anything underneath. It practically engulfed her but it was amazingly comfortable. 

Men's clothing is definitely the way to go.

When Akari stepped out, she thought an actual crow had entered the gym.

"OHMAIGAH. AKARI-SANNNNNNN!" Both Nishinoya and Tanaka ran towards her and just stared at her legs. She didn't know what to do. Who stared at someone's legs so shamelessly?

"Akari-san, gomenasai for these two idiots. They have no mannerisms at all."

"But it's okay, right? We're all friends now!"

 Hinata jumped up and down before both he and Nishinoya ran towards her and tackled her to the ground.

"Not this again." She had expected Daichi or Sugawara to say something but the two of them shared a look before also jumping on top. Tanaka took this as the 'okay' and jumped hard and loud. Yamaguchi and Kageyama did their best not to squash her as they lay atop her, placing themselves on the other boys.

Asahi shook his head and jumped too.

Tsukishima came over and just patted the top of the pile.

"FRIENDS!"

Akari couldn't breathe and her ribs were combusting but that's what friends are for right!

Takeda-sensei came over and reminded the boys that Akari was not a bouncy castle or a bed and they all scrambled to get off her.

"Now. Let's get coaching." Akari's eyes had a terrifying glint to them as she stared the boys down. It seemed as if all embarrassment had been replaced by intense power.

"Remember, Akari-san. W-we're all f-friends."

"Of course we are which is why your muscles will be crying after this session. Friends only think of the best for each other. Enough chit chat. I want 30 laps around the gym. Then 100 press-ups from each of you." 

The boys shared uneasy looks.

"Get started or I'll make that 500!" She blew her whistle and the boys were off.

Akari would teach them the meaning of friends.