Ch.22:|the one where she has to coach Aoba Johsai pt.2 (IWAIZUMI×OC)

"Akari, why are Bokuto-senpai and the Great King staring at you?"

"Hm?" Akari looked up and caught Bokuto staring at her. He raised his eyebrow after seeing that she was returning his gaze. When she looked at Oikawa, he was glaring. Not really at her, but next to her. Akari turned her head and saw Kageyama.

"No, Oikawa is staring at Kags!" Suga noticed and frowned.

"Why is he glaring at you, Kags? Did the two of you have an argument or something?"

"No, he was perfectly fine this morning."

"Akari, does this have something to do with you?"

"I don't think so?" She lied. Hinata was waving his hands around to get Oikawa's attention but nothing seemed to be working.

Akari picked up Kageyama's empty strawberry milk carton, to his disapproval and threw it at Oikawa to get his attention. He looked at her and his face changed. He smiled brightly at her.

"Okay, now he is definitely looking at you like he's in love with you," Tanaka growled.

"I highly doubt that, I've known him for like a day."

"Us boys catch feelings fast. I mean look at Kageyama, he's totally whipped for y-" Nishinoya stopped talking as Kageyama's arm stabbed into his ribs.

"Senpai, I think one of those boys over there is talking to Kiyoko-senpai."

"What? WHERE?" And Tanaka and Nishinoya disappeared.

Akari tapped her friend's shoulder. 'Kags, you like someone?'

'Not really.'

'Who's the girl? Do I know her?'

'There's no-'

'Is it one of the managers or someone you know outside of volleyball?'

'I don't believe you~'

"Guys, you have really got to stop doing this you know? This creepy eye-talking thing!"

"What creepy eye-talking thing?" It was Oikawa's voice. And it came from behind Akari, startling her. She spilled some water on her lap and Kageyama, being her new closest friend was quick to help.

Both her and him wiped at her lap, trying to salvage her shorts. 'Will you be okay or do you need to change?'

'They'll dry. It's fine.'

"This is what we mean. Kageyama and Akari can have full-blown conversations with their eyes. It was surprising to see that Kageyama could communicate like this with Akari who we've known for like 4/5 months and not Hinata."

"But it's obviously because they're extremely close to each other. Kageyama is in lo-"

"Hinata! Be quiet!" Sugawara placed his mouth on Hinata's mouth. Akari didn't know if it was to hide whatever he was about to say from Oikawa or her. To think that Kageyama couldn't tell her who he liked was slightly upsetting but he clearly wasn't comfortable saying anything yet so she wasn't going to press him about it.

"Oh? Tobio-chan is what?" His voice was like steel and Sugawara shared an uneasy look with Daichi who seemed to understand why Oikawa was so angry. He could not be jealous of Kageyama?!

He was her best-friend, aside from Hinata and then the group, and he sure as hell was not in love with her. Why would Oikawa even be jealous? He's literally known her a day and love is not something she could see herself being the receiver of.