Iwaizumi Route:|Ch.1

Akari's stomach growled loudly. The taxi driver stared at her through his mirror. The car's engine did nothing to stop the pigeon sound from echoing through the car. She just hoped the car ride would end already.

Clearing her throat, she gazed out of the window. Japan was just how she remembered it. The idea of coming back to Japan after another 5 years made her want to laugh. How many times had she left and come back now? At least 3 times.

Oh well, she refused to leave Japan again. Not after five torturous years of training with the small giant. Five years.

Akari was now 25 years old, and she had spent a 1/3 of her life abroad. It was hard to believe that time had swept by so fast and left her alone again.

"MISS!"

"Eek! Oh, sorry. Here you are," Akari threw the money in the driver's direction and dipped. Thank god she didn't have to suffer any longer as her luggage would be delivered to her.

Akari turned on her heels. In front of her, was a large apartment block- somehow she had found an apartment in one of the best apartment blocks in Japan for a good amount of money.  She made her way through the entrance and gaped at all the beautiful interior of the building- fancy furniture, marble floors and multiple chandeliers decorated the ceilings. 

Akari stood there, her jaw falling to the floor but she quickly put herself together as she was called by the receptionist.

"Oh! Yes, I'm Akari Ukai. Apartment 203, on the top floor?"

"Aah.......apartment 203..." The receptionist looked almost guilty as she searched her name on the screen in front of her.

"Yes, h-here you are. Please let me know if there are any.........complications," she avoided Akari's gaze even as she held out the golden card to 203.

Akari scurried upstairs expecting some sort of broken and abandoned apartment but from what the door gave away, it seemed just as refined as the rest of the block. Hesitantly, she put her card in the slot and swung the door open.

It was

.....

......

.......

average to say the least.

Just like the rest of the building, it was perfectly simple with furniture and a silver chandelier hanging from the ceiling.

It was beautiful, like the rest of the building but the thing that knocked the breath out of her was the view. It was as if she were looking down on all of Kyoto. She couldn't imagine what it would look like in the night.

Akari found that there were 2 rooms in the apartment, one of the doors was locked so she decided she would go down later to get the key for it. Might as well make use of all the space since she was paying for it.

Akari flopped onto the bed and she instantly fell asleep, jet lag hitting her like a brick.

~~~~~~~~~

Akari woke to the sound of jingling. For a whole minute, she stared at the ceiling wondering if she was going to die. 

The sound of a door opening and swinging closed brought her back to her senses.

Her body jerked out of bed and pulling off her 6-inch boots, she readied herself to hit her attacker.

Tip-toeing out of the room, Akari realised that the lights were all off. She didn't exactly know where they were. 

She was definitely about to die.

Manoeuvring around the apartment as best as she could, she walked into a solid wall that she could have sworn wasn't there before.