Chapter 27

A/N: Im back!!

So sorry for the long overdue update I have been very busy lately but here it is and I hope you like it! xx Also please leave a vote and a comment! I love hearing from you guys.

xx

The tension was thicker than ever, my brothers and father even mamma looked tense with Jace here in the room with us. But Jace... he was just as clueless as ever. 

Well, that was what it looked like. 

Every glare pointed at him he gave the biggest chirpiest smile back. It almost made me want to laugh that my family's attempts were failing miserably

"I have to say Brea that this dinner is incredible." Fathers hands tightened further around his fork as he gave my friend the deadliest stare down.

"Well, you're quite welcome! I am sure your mother cooks marvellously! I have to admit that my cooking skills are quite in the average category."

 The room fell quiet as I saw Jace's bright eyes dim down making my own heart pull as I felt completely hopeless. 

"My mother is dead." The words felt like venom in my own ears. I knew his mother was a hard topic for Jace and I could tell my family could see the pain as they all shifted uncomfortably.

"I'm so sorry." Jace raised his hand cutting mamma off along with a masked smile. "It is quite alright; it was a long time ago."

But it is something he will never forget, never move past from, never heal....

Because It was his fault...

Papa's cough broke the silence, and I was surprisingly thankful for Papas continued interrogation. "so, you met my daughter at school?" I was unable to withhold myself from rolling my eyes. I am almost positive that no one in my family gave Johns new partner rose an interrogation. And Jace isn't even a 'lover" he is a friend.

"yes, your daughter Ange helped me on my first day".

"Did you not have any other friends to help you." Juan gritted.

"possibly but Ange and I created quite a bond. That for me she is a sister and will forever be my sister." The room fell silent as that now Jace has succeeded and my family have lost. There was no more interrogation to be needed now that my family think they know everything need too. It was Jace's last comment was ease my family's mind and somewhat my own.

He is my family.

eternity and always

-----

Although weight has been lifted from me, I still cannot forget him. Everything about him is intoxicating. His eyes, his smile, his smell... his aura. He was like an overpowering sickening drug.