Chapter 46

El principio del fin

I walked into the cafeteria slowly and sat down at a spare table

I walked into the cafeteria slowly and sat down at a spare table. My ribs were still screwed. There were deep purple and black bruises all over my right side of my body. Starting from the thigh all the way up. The worse ones were on my ribs and I can see they were broken in several spots. Tony had fucked me up big time from our last meeting. There was no denying it.

It was hard to move, sit, sleep, breathe. Everything hurt. Last night after I saw my family all together, I struggled and climbed up to my bedroom. Before I laid my head down to try and get a little sleep. Jace joined me, sliding his tray and another one in front of me. He had a sour look on his face.

Did he know about last night?

I shook the thought away and started eating the food he placed in front of me. I bit into the sandwich an I instantly thought about Blaze. I tried to stop myself from thinking about him because it always reminds me of my shitty life. But damn I really missed him.

"what happened?" Jace suddenly asked me with pained eyes. I looked over to the other side of the cafeteria and saw Olivia looking at us curiously.

"Everything." He was about to say something, but I quickly added. "You should re-join Olivia, she is waiting for you."

---

I walked outside the car park, thinking of the time to kill since I skipped the last lesson. I had been trying to keep my mind off things but Jace is constantly asking me what's wrong. As I walked through the lot I heard my name being called loudly. I jerk my head and looked for who called in high alert. My heart sinking when I saw it was Bens 'friends'. My blood boiled when I saw them surrounding Ben, laughing and picking on him.

Fuck no!

"Ben, what's up?" I asked calmly, eyeing his friends suspiciously. His friends stifled their laughter.

"Look ben it's your little cousin." One of the boys sung while pinching Bens cheeks.

"Fuck off! She is my cousin" ben struggled in their hold, which was a red flag in my eyes.

"Ooo in that case, did you want to come home with me baby. You look like you would be a good night."

"In your dreams, now give me Ben," I ordered in my strong voice.

"Aww, she is all big and strong now! Giving us orders." The group of teen boys hollered with laughter and I could see Ben squirming while giving me pleading eyes.

I didn't waste another thought when I punched the leader in his nose. He jerked Ben away from him and clutched his bleeding broken nose. "That bitch broke my nose." The group then looked at me in anger.

"Yes, I can do worse, so I suggest you leave quietly. And we will take our own leave." I said strongly grabbing Ben's collar and making him stand next to me. They all looked furious until one of them broke it nervously.