Chapter 10

a new flame

My body was flung across the room hitting the wall

My body was flung across the room hitting the wall. I tried to get up but soon another kick was brought to my stomach. "You stupid bitch HOW DARE YOU LET HIM GO!" my tears were helpless. I looked up to Tony in horror and in the background, I could hear Jace as he was getting held down by chains. Forcing him to watch me as I got tortured. He wrapped his hands around my throat and he licked his lips smirking downwards at my trembling body. "GET YOUR HANDS OFF HER." Jace tried to get to me by thrashing around but his strength was nothing compared to the almighty chains. "I should just kill you now. It would save me a great deal of waiting." he pressed a hard-cold metal to my temple. I searched his eyes to find some sort of humanity among them.

But nothing.

"Tony let her go. I promised to not kill her until her six months were up." Boss ignored Tony as he scowled away and helped me up. Just as I was about to move my hand he tightened and pulled me into him. "If you ever fail a mission again I will not stop him from killing you or your friend." I nodded shakingly wanting to get me and Jace both out of this prison. My whole body was burning in pain and it didn't take much to guess that I had some broken ribs. Jace looked no better than me and nearly worse with his whole face covered in blood from the heavy blow Tony delivered to his nose.

I ran to Jace despite the pain and unlocked all of his chains letting his weight fall onto me. "I never want this mistake to happen again because next time I will not be so generous and I will let Tony kill both of you. You two have put my whole name in jeopardy because someone else was able to do the job you were unable." Boss threatened with venom. "I am sorry boss." My voice was weak from sleep deprivation and exhaustion. It made my whole body tremble in pain but I showed no weakness.

I only showed my strength.

"Good I am glad you are sorry my angel, because we wouldn't want anything to happen to your beautiful mother now would we?" He asked gleaming his eyes in amusement. I narrowed my eyes and turned my hands into tight fists. "now please leave my sight, It is currently very late in the evening and I am an old man who needs his sleep." I held Jace closer to me as we both limped out of the building. I put him into the van not caring it was the car what Jace stole. I was worried about him and for his safety. Tony went all out tonight as he tortured us for two hours. He made us both watch each other be tortured and I had to watch my best friend be nearly drowned.

I didn't know where I could take him but I just couldn't leave him there in that shit hole. Not while he was so vulnerable. "Hang in there Jace," I spoke quietly hardly been able to hold in my tears. Jace shouldn't have got hurt tonight it was my mess and my mistake. I was the one who let the target go but yet we both were tortured. "stop feeling guilty." He spoke weakly but his eyes were narrowed down with a strong frown. "I can't help it, Jace, you got hurt because of me." He sighed heavily and gave my hand a tight squeeze as he caressed my hand with his thumb. "you got hurt badly too Ange, just be thankful that something good happened tonight." I gave him a confused look as I looked back to him to see him smirking.