Chapter 25

It's funny how things change in a blink of an eye

It's funny how things change in a blink of an eye. I guess that is why they say every path you take, every choice you make. Always has a different thing hiding in every corner. Something you never expected.

I blinked my eyes open softly whimpering as the pain soured in my head. I sat up groggily rubbing my head trying to ease it. I looked around the bedroom straight away noticing that this was not my own bedroom. This was his-. My thoughts cut when a glass abruptly was placed next to me. I snapped my head up towards his blue Icey globes. "Drink it will help." I narrowed my eyes then patted my body searching for my knife. He rolled his eyes at my antics then put two pain relief capsules on the bedside table. "relax princess if I was going to kill you would be dead already."

I glared at him and observed the water before grabbing it shakily with my weak arm. I couldn't believe how much pain I was in. It felt like a train had run over me. Surprisingly he helped me by holding the glass more securely. I tried to think of what to say maybe ask him why. Why he is helping me? why he didn't kill me? he has had all the chances in the world but yet I am still here breathing. All the memories of last night came to me making me more curious. But the only thing what left my lips was. "thankyou."

He put down the glass and looked at me with his eyes furrowed. He didn't answer me and instead put his hand over my head. "You no longer have a temperature." I furrowed my eyes. "Temperature?" He sucked in a breath then put the pain medication in my hand. "The smoke was too much, and your body collapsed. You nearly died." I took in the new information pondering over my brain. What happened to Jace? What if he thinks I am dead or something? "what time is it?" I asked worriedly.

"7 am." I nodded then breathed. My chest still hurt but that was understandable. "Why?" He didn't answer my question and instead placed a towel and a set of clothes on my lap. "What're these for?" He sucked his breath clenching his jaw. "A shower, you stink." His lips twitched up into a small smirk. "where are my knife and weapons." I questioned. He chuckled darkly then smiled. "Relax princess you will get your weapons all in good time but for now have a shower it will make you feel better." I nodded trying my best to ignore the unintentional concern in his voice.

I got up biting my lip as another wave of pain hit me then turned back to me. "Come into the bathroom while I am showering or dressing for peek. And I will pluck your eyeballs out, feed them too you and then shoot your brains out." I warned as coldly as I could. "Relax princess I don't find you attractive enough to do that. So, don't flatter yourself." I flipped him off then walked into the bathroom. Memories of the last time I was in the apartment came back to me. I couldn't help but feel disappointed to notice that he had removed my art.

Rude.

His bathroom was for sure fancy probably even nicer than the ones back at home. The black tiles and the black countertops made the place look modern. It was nice but it would be beautiful if it still had my art. I rolled my eyes and hoped into the shower letting the mesmerising hot water  fall on my aching body. This shower was made by the Gods for sure. I was definitely going to have to sneak back here just to use this shower.