Chapter 31

TORN 

I entered the apartment breathing deeply. This feeling is something I will never get used too. It makes me feel like a stupid in love teenage boy who hasn't got in control of his emotions. I need to be in control everything in my life is controlled. But she is the opposite she is more go with the flow and let her feelings consume her. Whereas I'm never like that, never have been... And once before I told myself that I never will.

Until her.

"What," I grunted lowly as my friends were still in the same position as they were last time. Stilling looking just as confused as before.

"Um care to explain. FIRST, you offer her breakfast. Which might I add is rude because I never got an offer? SECONDLY, you let her sleep in your bed. THIRDLY you were been nice to her AND gave her a lift home." Cole rubbed his head sounding conflicted as Simon spoke out. But just the sound of these people already interrogating me gives me a headache. I do not need to explain myself to anyone. My business is my business no one else's.

"I'm not explaining because I will be in my office." I walked to my office knowing quite well Simon and Cole are following behind.

"Dude, what the fuck?" Simon yelled. I rolled my eyes and clicked my tongue ignoring their presence as I scroll through my computer.

"The plan was to get close to her and THEN kill her. Not have sex with her. She could have killed you! This could be her plan too." I slapped my laptop down glaring at Simon for being so outspoken.

"I know what the plan is," I growled then ran my hands through my hair. Cole looked at me from afar in the corner of the room. "Yes?" I asked him irritated.

"Do you love her?" The question took me back nearly as much as the first time she told me she loved me. I wasn't sure if I could tell them, I am still trying to accept it myself. My cold forgotten heart came back but only to betray me and to fall in love.

"I-i." I cleared my throat then opened my laptop.

"You do." Coles and Simon's eyes widened as they looked at me.

"But what about your revenge? What about your family." I furrowed my eyebrows and looked down at my desk. Simon had known me most of my life. He knows how much the revenge meant to me. It is what I have been working towards all my life.

"Have you forgotten everything! Because of her family, your life was ruined. Because of her family, your family is dead. Your poor innocent mother was killed by her family's hand."

"I-" I couldn't answer but I know If I let my heart take over it would answer the question loud and clear. A part of me was annoyed by Simon bringing up my past. My out of bounds unspoken past.